News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Opinions?

Does this one look okay? I've got it if I want it... waiting for further info ie: whether magnetic, three piece construction, etc.

These are the only pics I currently have... but hoping they'll be enough for now. It looks okay to me but many eyes are always best.

Many thanks! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Many thanks gents! :jumping: :jumping: That's just what I needed to know. I felt it looked good... but in this day and age, I'm sure you'll agree, one can't be more careful. :whistle:

Is it possible to come up with the maker or is that not possible due to the original ring being absent? It's not a biggie... just be a nice extra.

Also would there be any harm in carefully cleaning this one up a bit? I'll be able to tell more once I have it in hand when I'll do better scans and repost. I have ribbon for it... will just have to get a replacement ring. Will probably just get one made up from silver wire by my jeweler if nothing else. I've seen them for sale for not too much out of England but the seller just makes them from silver wire... so I figure why not just have my jeweler do it here and save a ton of time waiting for a shipment from across the pond.

She's definitely been there done that but I want to give her a good home and some TLC to get her looking sharp again.

Again my deepest thanks for your help here. :jumping::beer:

Dan :cheers:

almost impossible to put a maker to it. It's a generic core used by several

different makers. You would need to really study the frame corners and beading

characteristics to try to match it to a known cross.

Well, it arrived Saturday and having it in hand I saw that it was just plain dirty! Old dust, gunk, etc. Badly stored over the years I assume. So I decided to clean it, carefully, with an old soft toothbrush and water taking care to dry it thoroughly using a blow dryer and taking the time to insure that all the water was dried up. I think it made quite a difference. I still need to get a better ring for it but have one on as a place holder for now. Used my last piece of spare original 1914 EK ribbon for it, one with a bit of wear itself. I think she's back to quite a bit of her original glory.

She's now ready to join the rest of the EK's in my collection.

Before:

After:

Before:

After: