PAUSANIAS

DOUBT ABOUT TWO EK I CLASP

During many years they was sleeping in a box, but I have a serious doubt about the originality. Anyone can Help me?.

Sorry for my english.

The first, It looks like a Floch?

file0001z.jpg

And now the second. I think it´s a copy

file0005t.jpg

file0008w.jpg

The first one is a fake made by Floch.

The first one is a fake made by Floch.

Thanks Dond. And the second? The place of the mark it´s strange, like the bronze colour.....

The second one is not an L/17 as the chest feathers are wrong, plus the stamp is generally located under the clasp. I then thought it was a P&L because of the pin and catch but it doesn't match either. It is doubtful that this is a real spange. I have every known EKI spange in my collection except for Juncker. Jim

It is a fake, had to check to make sure. Jim

Floch was/is a maker who made several combat awards after the war. Jim

No, not accurate.

Johannes Floch is a private individual, still alive and well, who bought fake (postwar-made) German medals in his native Germany and resold them as souvenirs in America as a teen in the 1960s. He never made any fakes of any sort, and his name was never the name of a maker, before or after the war. He has simply had the misfortune of having his personal name associated with some good fakes. No one in the collecting community knows to this day who actually made the fakes he sold in the 1960s. Many are marked L/21, 15 or L/15, but none of these makers made "Floch fakes."

Trevor,

Interesting information. I had always assumed that Floch was the faker--I mean maker.

Sorry Trevor, my mistake, I always thought he made the items he sold after the war. Jim