News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a thread in another area of GMIC on Dr./Capt. Lambrecht's group as shown above that is interesting. The translations really brought out the story; a hearty and big thanks to Bernhard Holst for his help!!!

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/57064-lt-konrad-lambrecht-and-his-wife/

Edited by azyeoman

• 1 month later...

I've always liked Legion Condor items and so when I got these two Spanish award certificates in a folder, I was very pleased. I would appreciate it if anyone could enlighten me on what D.M.V. stands for.

Here is a contemporary WWI oil on board portrait of a young German soldier. The way it's painted brings to mind that he may not have survived the war and this was commissioned by his parents.

A very nicely done oil on board portrait of a German soldier in Paris. Signed and with information on reverse, "Jetot Andre" / "21 Rue Sainte Crois de la Bretonnerie" / "Paris IV"

There was an Andre Jetot who made a series of lithographs of Stalag IIID and this Jetot may indeed be the same man. If so, then there is a lot more behind this painting than meets the eye.

Below the artist signature in the lower right-hand corner (A Jetot) "Schrecfelde 25641" is painted in red. I presume this is the surname and number of the man in the portait and that he commissioned it or sat for it while stationed there or on leave. It is very well painted and Jetot was a good portrait artist.

Edited by azyeoman

Obverse of an attractive and symmetrical Franco-Prussian War medal bar with Worth clasp. Can anyone ID the third veteran's medal and explain why the crown is on the first ribbon?

Hello,

the veteran's medal is from Weiler-Simmerberg http://www.weiler-simmerberg.de/

It is a bavarian bar and I think the crown will show the attachment of the owner to the bavarian king.

Regards Andreas

Herero-land

Hello azyeoman,

the MVK is a post-war variant like this example from the manufacturer Steinhauer & Lück.

Can you showme the ringholder of the MVK on the bar in posting #206

The cross looks very golden,but it is a third class, which was colured copper.

Regards Andreas

Edited by spolei

Hello azyeoman,

the MVK is a post-war variant like this example from the manufacturer Steinhauer & Lück.

Can you showme the ringholder of the MVK on the bar in posting #206

The cross looks very golden,but it is a third class, which was colured copper.

Regards Andreas

Thanks Andreas,

I would dearly love to, but it's on so tightly that I can't look at it without damaging the ribbon. : (

I have to say though, that #206 really appears gold colored.

All the best,

John

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Haven't added anything to the collection for a long time... just couldn't pass this up; tailor's label and all for the Franco Prussian War, and I used to live in Orleans to boot.

Sorry, but the clasp seems to be recent fake and the bar looks rather like a 1930s bar for the Hindenburg cross...

Sorry, but the clasp seems to be recent fake and the bar looks rather like a 1930s bar for the Hindenburg cross...

Thank you very much! I have cancelled the order and learned that I should have posted it for inspection prior to popping for it; sometimes you see what you want to see when collecting. BTW, the dealer was a gentleman about it, but would like to know exactly why the "Orleans" bar is a fake.

; ) A lesson to us all; caveat emptor.

Edited by azyeoman