News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Sacred Treasure with Gold and Silver Rays + Document

JapanX

In continuation of these threads

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/50360-sacred-treasure-silver-rays/

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/49099-order-of-the-sacred-treasure/

This beauty arrived today.

The Order of the Sacred Treasure with Gold and Silver Rays (ex 5th class).

No box and no rosette…

On the bright side – document + excellent condition of the order.

This one was issued in November 3rd, 2005 for Sato Setsuo.

• Replies 93
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most interesting thing is that this specimen has only one mark!

Here it is – on reverse of paulownia leaf.

But there is no usual two-letter mint mark on suspension ball!!!

Actually there is no suspension ball at all – instead we have some kind flatted circle (exactly the same as we have in case of modern rising sun orders).

Сurrently I am in process of creating a mint mark library for two-screws and after 2003 sacred treasures orders (and for "later" rising sun orders as well – they have same two-letter codes on their suspension balls). So if you have documented (or undocumented) orders with these marks in your collection – please PM me the codes and the year (if you have this info) when the order was issued (or post this info in this thread).

Cheers,

Nick

Excellent!!! Looks to be in really nice condition. I love these, especially the blueness of the ribbons, and the paulownia like you pointed out.

The most interesting thing is that this specimen has only one mark!

Here it is – on reverse of paulownia leaf.

But there is no usual two-letter mint mark on suspension ball!!!

Actually there is no suspension ball at all – instead we have some kind flatted circle (exactly the same as we have in case of modern rising sun orders).

I think this is true of the majority of these - just the mark on the reverse of the paulownia suspension - BUT - I have seen one (Silver Rays) - that had NO MARKS on the suspension, so they could have been somewhere else that was not shown in the photos.

Сurrently I am in process of creating a mint mark library for two-screws and after 2003 sacred treasures orders (and for "later" rising sun orders as well – they have same two-letter codes on their suspension balls). So if you have documented (or undocumented) orders with these marks in your collection – please PM me the codes and the year (if you have this info) when the order was issued (or post this info in this thread).

You've got my marks from the one example of the silver rays, but no document to put a year to that.

I hope to have pics. up this weekend - I got a late issue 7th Class Sacred Treasure with a mark on the suspension ball, but my eyes can't read it bare, I've gotta magnify it, so stay tuned for that one for your database!! ;)

I hope to have pics. up this weekend - I got a late issue 7th Class Sacred Treasure with a mark on the suspension ball, but my eyes can't read it bare, I've gotta magnify it, so stay tuned for that one for your database!! ;)

You know I will mate! :)

Special thanks for D5 specimen ;)

Regards,

Nick

• 5 months later...

Ok, so we know that some of these modern sacred treasures bear only one mark on reverse of paulownia leaf - these have flattened suspension ball and others have two marks on reverse of paulownia leaf and on reverse of suspension ball.

Well, it looks like we have third variation - without any marks at all ;)

Here it is.

Hmmm...

You never know with this eccentric Mint :lol:

The only thing for sure is that currently Mint manufactures only orders and miniatures of the orders.

Ribbons (!) are manufactured by private subcontractors!

Routine practice since the Meiji epoch.

Actually the same small private firms that manufactured ribbons during Meiji epoch continue to do in our days ;)

Family business ...