News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Sacred Treasure with Gold and Silver Rays + Document

JapanX

• Replies 93
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

So, I actually contacted the mint via their simple contact form on the website, but I did get a few responses. Unfortunately, nothing definitive. Despite the bureau being responsible for actually MAKING the medals, the questions about the codes stamped into the medals received this response from the PR person with whom I've been communicating:

"We cannot answer your question; this is because we manufacture decorations and medals based on orders from the Cabinet Office."

Really? I find it hard to believe that the mint doesn't know what these codes mean or why they are there. I think the problem probably lies in dealing with a PR person. Need to speak with somebody that actually makes these things, but that'll likely be like pulling teeth. So, what does this mean? But maybe they really DON'T know anything. Perhaps it is indeed the Cabinet Office that simply says "Make 'X' number of decorations on class 'Y' and stamp them with code 'Z'.....", with the Cabinet Office keeping some kind of record that gives meaning to the codes.

This just can't be that difficult to figure out! :speechless:

Another professional :lol:

Cabinet Office issuing codes?! :lol:

Nice try man! :beer:

Yeah, I know! Seems a bit odd that the cabinet would issue the codes! But who knows? I'll keep pursuing this - I attempted to contact the Cabinet Office, waiting for response.....

... I attempted to contact the Cabinet Office, waiting for response.....

Most likely the response will be "We cannot answer your question; this is because we're only ordering decorations and medals from the Mint"

Let's call PM! :cheers:

Edited by JapanX