Hello everyone, I'm being offered this ribbon bar recently and I thought it is so special that it uses Rettungsmedaille ribbon for the first 3 places, and having a lot of devices on it, the last 3 positions are actually prussian Lifesaving medal, Turkish Lifesaving awards for the 1st and 2nd actions.

Can anybody tell me if the combination could be possible and perhaps a wartime original? all comments are welcome, thanks.

Edited by lew

That looks really odd.

I have to agree with Paul.

I have never seen the Hohenzollern Order awarded on the Lifesaving ribbon. The other 3 yes, but not the HHO.

The "hardware" and ribbons look good. I personally cannot speak for all the devices as these are not my strong point.

Best wishes

Matt

I was told the bar belonged to Colonel Georg Veit who received 4 different Prussian + 2 Turkish awards for lifesaving.

Can anyone help to find his information? Thanks.

I was told the bar belonged to Colonel Georg Veit who received 4 different Prussian + 2 Turkish awards for lifesaving.

Can anyone help to find his information? Thanks.

Who gave you the information?

Who gave you the information?

Hello Paul, Daniel was quite kind and given me the information.

I hope I can find out more but I have no experience on researching wartime individules, please help if you have any idea. Thanks.

The bar has arrived today, it looks amazing in hand and devices are extremely detailed and beautiful. I will post some more photos later.

Hello Paul, Daniel was quite kind and given me the information.

I hope I can find out more but I have no experience on researching wartime individules, please help if you have any idea. Thanks.

The bar has arrived today, it looks amazing in hand and devices are extremely detailed and beautiful. I will post some more photos later.

lew,

You may wish to check out this link, particularly posts 7 and 18.

Regards,

Sandro

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/14563-double-lifesaver/