News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Regimental Cape

Hi,

I just picked this cape up this morning in a garage/yard sale. As British? Units are not my field of speciality, I got it because I liked the looik of it. The cape is made of a nice heavy dark wool serge, well tailered, with a black velvet collar. Four brass buttons on the front with a dragon crest, the buttons are made by Pitt of London, it has ino obvious issue stamps or tailer label, apart from a metal disc on the side of one of the two internal pockets. RZ at the top a 4 on the left and 776 on the bottom, while I assume it's British military or some government departmental issue, I really don't know if anyone can throw some light on it, would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Rex

Hi - Rex. An interesting cape and I thinlk you will find it is for Cavalry ? Does the back pull out to cover the horse's

withers ? I don't immediately recognise which unit used the wyvern - which I agree with you I think it is - rather then the

Griffon.

Let's hope one of our uniform experts can help ? Mervyn

Hi Mervyn,

Interesting I had a look at the cape again, and while there is no split in the back, there is certainly enough cloth to cover a horses withers, I never noticed that before.

Cheers

Rex

• 8 months later...