News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Awesome new ORB/ORS grouping just in!

I am sorry... I thought that I did.

Here is a shot of the name. Thank you again for your help. I cannot decipher the script most of the typed letter... I know now how it feels to be illiterate!

Paul

That site is a terrific idea... and although it has an English option it only comes up with some of the page in English. Bad part is that the form to fill in to get information is still all in Russian. I'd LOVE to recheck the pieces I have that I've got research / a name for but no idea what to put in what blank, so I've been dead in the water. I pray they'll make it all come up in English at some point as I'd LOVE to be able to use the site.

Great group Paul! :jumping: :jumping: I don't know about most Soviet collectors but to me, a lot of the beauty of them is the SN's and being able to (in most cases) find out the history behind the award(s). Unlike most ODM's that come our way that are anonymous with these you can fill in the blanks. To me, it doesn't matter if it was for long service as it still makes a very personal connection to it's history... not just some nameless individual in the depths of the past. This is especially true when a picture(s) comes back with the research. To me, it's always worth doing it. Yes, great to get a super hero or famous individual... but honestly, how often does that generally happen. It took a lot of folks both in the front lines as well as behind them to keep things moving and to make the history we've all studied for so long.

Just like my LS ORB... about the only way I could be more pleased is if one of the pics showed him wearing that ORB that I now have. Otherwise... I love it just as much as if it had come back to a General or Marshal or some guy that single handedly captured half the German army. I can see the face... I can read his history and holding the award in my hand makes a very strong connection. Plus... he's now remembered whereas before he may not have been.

If it were me... I'd say go for it. But I agree... check the site first... you might luck out.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear more. :jumping: :jumping: :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Thanks Paul for the first page. Bad handwrtiting. I try it later with more time.

His last name is: Abdullajev, first name: Mysjeib Fathers name: Husein (?)

So, your recipant is most likely a muslim. Maybe from the caucasus region or central Asia like Usbekistan or Turmnenistan.

Andreas

Edited by Alfred

Research is very easy. Only press the second button on the left side. See arrow.

Fill in the name in the first three blanks. last name, first name and fathers name. The same sequence like in the red award book. (the fourth blank is the birthday not necessary)

Than press the button below (search) and you got a list with persons whith that name and the awards they got.

Andreas

I do not have a Mac... :- (

Thanks for looking in the database. The next step is having someone research the numbers. I heard that the database is incomplete, with the Navy, predecesor of the KGB, and medical corps not being availble there yet.

Hello Ferdinand I am new on this forum but all the comments are fascinating for a collector who begins. I saw in several occasions that you spoke of obtaining some "official" informations concerning the attribution of the RBO or the Orders of the Red Star. How to obtain this information?

Thank you for your answer.

regards.

Jean-Sebastien

• 3 weeks later...