News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear collector friends, I would like to show you another ribbon bar today. This one has some rare devices that are extremely detailed and beautiful. To me the bar itself looks promising however the combination doesn’t seem to be possible according to wartime records, no match is found. Whether it’s an award piece or some sort of shop display piece? please feel free to discuss, any thoughts or clues are welcome.

6902193570_8023891d4c_z.jpg

Sweet-fancy-Moses those devices are incredible. But you are right about the ordering. It’s really coo-coo. There are a number of discrepancies, but I would want to point out one of a different nature.

If this gent was entitled to pre-war AND wartime breast badges, I would think he would get something more than a TWM from Turkey. He should have also recieved a Liakat or Imtiaz at least. It's almost insulting. ;)

I would also hit those threads with a black light. Just to see how hard the faker was trying here.

Hi,

I have looked this ribbon bar carefully. I don't want to say same thing than others collectors here. It is just strange not to see peacetime saxon and others States ribbons here. Why only the long service ribbon ? Usually it should be next ribbon of the EK2. Claudius has right about the TWM, why only this one and not the others.

For the moment I have found no candidate with those medals.Usualy the officer has the Merit Order. That's life ! It will interresting to know what is the result with black light.

Christophe

I would also hit those threads with a black light. Just to see how hard the faker was trying here.

It won't make big difference Claudius, it is the master piece ;)

Still can't get my eyes off it...

Edited by lew

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. I will find a black light and do the test this weekend.

How did the test come out Lew? It looks like an interesting piece to say the least and the devices are a work of art!

Kind regards

Pierce

I would be surprised if it was a fake. The construction and quality are just too good-almost beyond what even a jeweler can make today-and the "mistakes" are so obvious....... why would someone trying to pass off dodgy crap who can read this forum make such blatant "errors"?

I think its ' a cut down bar: a "I am who I am I shall wear what I like".

Has RR seen it yet?

How did the test come out Lew? It looks like an interesting piece to say the least and the devices are a work of art!

Kind regards

Pierce

Good to hear someone is still curious ;)

I will order a black light this week.

There were only 7 holders of the Ernestinian Grand cross in WW1.

NONE of them had a Albrecht Commander 1st grade.

Best case would be a piece for exhibition in a manufactorers window; but I do not like the construction of the needle system.

Greetings

Daniel

Hi Daniel, the hardware quality isn't bad, needle and catch show average sign of use and patina. The construcion is seen on many orignal bars.

Saxony bars with the same hardware.

post-176-0-43670700-1318070414.jpg

• 1 year later...

Ran across this while searching for some info. thought it deserved another look.

--dj--Joe

Appreciate that!

The black light test showed nothing suspicious on the back side, however the Ernestine house order ribbon did glow and a little bit pink, don't know if that's a bad sign or not.

Guest Rick Research

That's exactly what the weird color SHOULD do. The only BAD thing is white going electric blue. Pink, lifeguard orange--you get all sorts of "good" glows from other colors.

Guest Rick Research

Oh. I didn't realize there had been some question (?) about the first bar. (Confusion always occurs when threads accrete unrelated multiples).

I can't tell whose it was either, because not everything is being worn there--but typical of ONE of the Saxon Royal Relatives, probably a younger lower military ranked Prince.

Edited by Rick Research

I can't tell whose it was either, because not everything is being worn there--but typical of ONE of the Saxon Royal Relatives, probably a younger lower military ranked Prince.

Thank you Rick, that sounds really interesting.

Is any chance for this one to be identified? From what I read in previous comments it doesn't sound positive at all :unsure: