News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am hoping some kind fellow members will help me out on this helmet, its outside my collecting area and I need help, the story attached to it is that it was brought back in 45 by a British Army officer who lived near me, he passed away 30 years ago and the current owner received the helmet from the Major 40 years ago when he was 10.So, the provenance seems good but I need an expert opinion for the current owner, any help would be gratefully received.The markings are ET66 and 3648 near the rear, there is also a painted inscription, Viehl (I presume a surname) and then Pz.S.Stabskp.

Best regards,

Renmore

Hi Renmore,

Your helmet is a Model 1935 pattern Heer (Army) double decal helmet, the finish looks a bit dark with your photos, and probably aged down a bit, but would have started out as

a lighter green coloured helmet (collectors call it an apple green finish). The maker mark will be found stamped inside the rim of the helmet as well as the batch number at the rear

inside flange of the helmet (3648).

Bob