News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"Typhoon" submarines badges and medals

Phil2012

Dear colleagues,

a lot of soviet and russian badges are available in two grades of manufacturing: hot enamelled heavy metal, and painted light metal. Here is an example:

Enemelled heavy medal:

b5jud1.jpg

Painted light metal:

9u6ul0.jpg

I Wonder if anyone could post some explanation about the coexistence of these two qualities for a same badge.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Phil

Dear colleagues,

a lot of soviet and russian badges are available in two grades of manufacturing: hot enamelled heavy metal, and painted light metal. Here is an example:

Enemelled heavy medal:

b5jud1.jpg

Painted light metal:

9u6ul0.jpg

I Wonder if anyone could post some explanation about the coexistence of these two qualities for a same badge.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Phil

Different maker...

Different contract...

Bottom one looks like and might be a smaller lapel pin...

Hello François, merci!

thank you for answer! I don't know about the size of the badge on second pic: I don't own it, I copied the pic from an auction website to get an example to illustrate my question. Beside of this, I noticed that many badges are available both in the two grades of manufacturing and in the same size.

Here is the example of K-141 "Kursk" submarine:

My badge, made of gilted brass and hot enamel (very scarce):

2rrazcm.jpg

The most common badge, made of painted heavy metal:

j5vwo1.jpg

;

These two variants are the same size. Manufacturing a hot enamelled badge certainly is more expensive than manufacturing a painted one. Do you think it's the only reason why enamelled variants are more difficult to find? Or do you think that enamelled ones are made for selected people or on specific occasions?..

• 2 weeks later...

These two variants are the same size. Manufacturing a hot enamelled badge certainly is more expensive than manufacturing a painted one. Do you think it's the only reason why enamelled variants are more difficult to find? Or do you think that enamelled ones are made for selected people or on specific occasions?..

Salut Phil!

I believe that this is so called "спусковой" (mise à l'eau :)) badge.

Painted one is obviously a modern replica

Here it is on sale http://www.falerist.biz/catalog/78/3910

Another variant (pretty terrible quality) http://www.voentorg.su/item/medali_znaki/kursk_spuskovoj/

les meilleurs vux,

Nick

Edited by JapanX

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 3 years later...