News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The military cross

i am cleaning out some boxes and found a british military cross . it looks silver and i went to a jeweller and he old me this is a silver one by making a silver test . and it is heavy and nicely made .

But i want to be 100 procent correct if i sell this medal and i want to tell the buyer it is solid silver or just a other metal with a silver layer .

Now i want to ask if i can measure the weight of the medal to see if it it a good one or a copy ?

thanks , bjorn .

Pre-1938 as it doesn't have a date. They were not named but, often have private naming. I would say that yours is

probably 1st WW and it looks quite genuine. It is solid silver. The ribbon needs changing - not a difficult task and the top

suspender is missing.

Do you have any idea of anyone in the family who might have been awarded this MC. Ranks od recipients were usually

from Major down to senior Warrant Officers. Should you wish to sell - you should use GMIC For Sale section. I , personally

would be interested. Mervyn

the surface is silver for shure because of teh silver test , but i want to know what is under the surface , if it is solid silver or not , i think i only can compare the weight of a original and my example .

i want to be 100 procent sure if i sell it , i do not want to ripp somebody off .t

thanks , bjorn .

the surface is silver for shure because of teh silver test , but i want to know what is under the surface , if it is solid silver or not , i think i only can compare the weight of a original and my example .

i want to be 100 procent sure if i sell it , i do not want to ripp somebody off .t

thanks , bjorn .

Looking at it everything looks 100% fine, yes it is pure sterling silver, alas I don't have a loose one to hand to weigh. As to the ribbon, it is the original one that it was issued with. If you are selling it keep it with it then the new owner will have the option to re-ribbon it if he so desires.

All the best

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Bjorn - look at the top of the Forum - the first section on the right allows auction entries.

There is also a further 'For sale'section lower down -above the Lounge section.

You can post a picture of the MC and also refer members to this post as we have given

verification.

Try a reserve of approx. 400 pounds ($650) and it should be bid-up to it's market

price. Ask for further help if you have problems. Mervyn

• 4 weeks later...