News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown French ? Breast Star with White Dove

Linasl

Hello all.

I recently acquired this Breast Star in a Paris "Brocante" shop, but the dealer has no idea what it is for - not even if it is French. But it does have the Fleur-de-Lys between each star arm, which IS French.

Please see the photos. I would appreciate if anyone can identify this Breast Star - both its country of origin and its name/purpose.

Thanks.

Linasl

Linasl

The badge you show is rather spectacular....but the dealer was wise not to stick his neck out. This piece looks like something that might be related to the Order of the Holy Ghost, which was the premier French Royal order of chivalry from Henri III in the late 1500s and 1830.

Unfortunately, the genuine badges and stars of that order were quite different from what you have. I sincerely hope someone has a more constructive opinion to give.

Best regards

Veteran

Edited by Veteran

This is a star to the 'pseudo' Order of the Holy Ghost dating from the 1990s to about 2008. Several internet sites discuss this order. A visit to Guy Stair Sainty's websites or a look at his remarks in Burke on pseudo orders probably offer the most accessible information. [While Stair Sainty is perhaps not entirely objective in evaluating such 'orders', he almost always has accurate factual information on the who, what, where, when and why of these things.]

Besides stars & badges, collars of this order exist. A collar recently sold on French eBay for about 80 euros.