News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello there,

I hope I am putting this introduction in the right place. My name is Noel, I collect historical dog pictures, collars, brasses & books, with working dogs and Military Working Dogs being an area of interest. I am your typical history geek with my main area of interest being the medieval period, but I've lately become very interested in the dogs of WWI and WWII.

You could say that I am somewhat of a canine historian. I am looking forward to sharing my working dog photo collection.

Hello Noel;

I liked reading your intro. I look forward to seeing your photos and reading your entries about the canine contributions in the war(s).

Please post regularly and often!

Thank you!

I need to spend some time with my scanner as I just picked up some pictures at auction and at a militaria show last weekend.

Thank you Gentlemen. I'm off to spend some time with my scanner so I can post up some of my treasures.

I've got some older photos that were taken in the war era, but do not have soldiers or police in them that I'd like to post as well. I've been researching the barenbeisser/bullenbeiser dogs of Germany, the predecessor to today's Boxer dog breed.

Hi Noel, welcome to the forum.

Ive had alot of dog pics in my time of collecting and i sold them all to a fellow collector named john perryman he is a avid dog photo collector like yourself and he is trying to get a book done on the dogs of war in ww2 in german photos.

i know ive sold over 200+ pics to him over the years. he lives in southern calif.

anyway here are a few of my ww1 postcards with dogs.

enjoy

joe

Hi Noel, welcome to the forum.

Ive had alot of dog pics in my time of collecting and i sold them all to a fellow collector named john perryman he is a avid dog photo collector like yourself and he is trying to get a book done on the dogs of war in ww2 in german photos.

i know ive sold over 200+ pics to him over the years. he lives in southern calif.

anyway here are a few of my ww1 postcards with dogs.

enjoy

joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the photos. Before I met my husband, I was only collecting photos in which I could see the dog collars in as I make dog collars and I am very very knowledgeable about them due to my endless research on them. I can date paintings and photographs by the dog collars on the dogs. I've been told that next to the curator of the Dog Collar Museum at Leeds Castle in England, I am the most knowledgeable person on the subject.

I'd love to be put into contact with John. I'd share my photos with him if they would be of use to him. I am currently editing hundreds of pictures for Col. Scott Pritchett's next book or I would offer to help him with his dog book.

My husband introduced me to another dog picture and document collector whom my friends have enviously dubbed my "Canadian Dog Father" (a pun on Fairy God Mother) who has broadened my collecting horizons quite a bit. Of course, my husband has encouraged and enabled my collecting. :-)

Welcome to the forum!

Most, if not all of the dogs shown in the photos thus far are pets or mascots and not real "working" dogs. Is your interest in dogs kept by the soldiers as pets or in trained duty canines?

Chip

Welcome to the forum!

Most, if not all of the dogs shown in the photos thus far are pets or mascots and not real "working" dogs. Is your interest in dogs kept by the soldiers as pets or in trained duty canines?

Chip

Both!

I have pets, military mascots and working dogs. Usually, what catches my eye and prompts me to buy pictures is the relationship between the dog and it's handler.