News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help Required from American Collector......

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen......

I have just picked up a pin in a box of badges from World War Two and have never seen or heard about the organization.....

It is a small oval pin, about 1/2 and inch in length......

Gold coloured metal with Blue enamel......

The initials read W.A.M.S. over what looks like a motor vehicle......

Around the edge reads "WOMAN'S AUXILLIARY MOTOR SERVICE" and at the bottom "FORD"......

What I understand is that the family was originally from Detroit and then moved to Canada when the Father joined the Canadian Army in mid 1940 leaving his wife in the USA.....

She later joined him in 1944 just before he left to go overseas to the UK......

I tried to take a picture but the pin is to small to make out the details.....

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I found the image on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=220979296532&nma=true&rt=nc&si=HZ01WfSl14V4TAmy49%252BfHj9XRl0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_715 It's described as a lapel pin, so it wasn't used as a distinctive uniform insignia. Chances are that women in the unit wore civilian work clothing and had the pin to show membership during dressier occasions.