News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Please ID this unit

I agree, Band of the Grenadier Guards of the Netherlands.

During their existance the uniform changed slightly in some detail.

Edited by Odulf

• 6 months later...

I don't think this is correct. If you look carefully, the Bands name is in the title of the youtube film--"Adest Musica Sassenheim" from the Netherlads. Their home page proclaims various bands from Juniors to Seniors

Edited by TheBorderer

Yes, the uniforms have that 'close enough' look that non-military bands use when they want to be mistaken for soldiers without hassles about copyright!

Can you copyright a uniform? I think so, as the US Marine Corps allows civilian use of their logo, but only after payment of royalties. And I'm sure they're not the only ones!

The tunes didn't sound quite martial enough either, though I often have trouble IDing brass band songs. In fact, i strongly suspect that their are books of tunes for bands like these which deliberately sound LIKE military tunes without actually being military. [see 'royalties' above.]