News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nationalist China Medal of Armed Forces

JapanX

• Replies 124
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

And here we have a rare oppurtunity to observe a process of converting 1st class grade A # 1680 medal into neck order :lol:

I saw that in an auction... and I just noticed the website that bought this is asking of an exorbitant markup. Even the price that was bought for at the auction is much higher than the current prices for the Taiwan period made ones. They need to research medal prices a little more...

The medal posted in post #100 and 101 need to cut of a digit, it would be more reasonable.

With the sharp rise in the prices of Chinese ODM in the past 8 years, many dealers are jumping on the bandwagon.

Some of the prices they are demanding are however ludicrous.

A certain Canadian dealer has a Second Type Third Class Double Dragon in the peculiar form of a breast star and with a coral centre stone. It is described as a Second Class.

It's been listed on the website for years at an astronomical $15,000 and unable to sell. Recently it appeared at a US auction where it failed to sell (starting price $5400).

You MIGHT think that the dealer might then drop his advertised price.

Instead, it's now been INCREASED to $17,000 :lol:

I guess some people can wait patiently...

Did anybody ever tell him that Cloud and Banner is a 6th class and not a 3rd class? I was going to, but sometimes trying to help a dealer can get you on their bad side lol. With the prices they sell at, I think dealers need to do their own research and not get it for free from others... they are the ones making the money.

Edited by hc8604

• 1 year later...
    • 5 years later...

Recently, saw these for sale. The seller, as usual, tries to get the most money out of this by inserting key words such as "flying tigers," "cbi," etc. The ones for sale are shown below and have the 國 in front of the serial number (post 1950 version or early "Taiwan" period)

The first one for sale, seems to have a modern ribbon because of the shine using modern materials. The second one for sale, have an older ribbon. Even if the ribbon may be original, wide hooks are very rare to see on Nationalist medals. They tend to use thin hooks on some of the medals.

Both seem to have serial number in the same font, but I don't think this is the correct font. The font looks similar to the recent copies. I have a few other early Taiwan medals (Victorious Garrison and Brilliant Light medals), and they have the same matching fonts with the other Taiwan Armed Forces medals posted before on this thread.

I am not sure when Taiwan medals begin to offer mini medals and the pin. Probably later on maybe 1970s?

Enamel doesn't look right either. Enamel would be the transparent type. Hugh posted his modern ones from page one and the enamel match to the same two below.

The second one has a screw. Taiwan medals from what I have seen, don't have a screw. Pre1949 ones do have a screw though.

180448548_ScreenShot2019-07-26at1_44_36PM.thumb.png.f22497881b4db9008946cab309024536.png1974540604_ScreenShot2019-07-26at1_44_19PM.thumb.png.2b19e30efa5361711669b3831feb8c4d.png1770581392_ScreenShot2019-07-26at1_44_48PM.thumb.png.9ab59fe09b8cd80860187badec110b95.png1911788780_ScreenShot2019-07-26at1_47_16PM.thumb.png.e6427b3a9dae5c7ea6c7df0fe7787db9.png1928272882_ScreenShot2019-07-26at1_47_23PM.png.a3e7a657875df1fe36a8540f94ffa852.png

• 3 years later...