News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1870 -EK2 big miniature or kind of Prinzen Type ?

Hi,

I have this nice 1870- EK2 for a while I have bought it as big miniature

It is 24 mm x 24 mm -with the ring is 43 mm

It is one sided, silver and not marked

Any idea how to clasify it Big Miniature or Prinzen Type

Regards

Graf

Thank for the comments

Yes I also believe it is a big mini and I bought as it is

It deos not look as patriotic piece to me,

Here is a picture of typical 1870 mini with its big brother

Regards

Graf

Thank for the comments

Yes I also believe it is a big mini and I bought as it is

It deos not look as patriotic piece to me

Here is a picture of typical 1870 mini with its big brother

Regards

Graf

It can be very possibly mini. All I wanted to say, is that if there is some doubt, it is doubt between mini and patrotic piece. There is surely no possibility this can be prinzen size cross. Prinzen size is only size reduction of "normal" cross. Sometimes (not always) it is also reduction of detail quality, but never reduction of design features.

Something other is to speak about patrioticas and minis. Both are unofficial, so what is typical for them? IMO it is very doubtful. For me, very typical for 1870 EK mini is this pearl beading. Here on Godet button.

• 4 weeks later...

Here on Godet button.

Nice little piece! J. Godet made two types of small 1870 EK2 that I know -- one like yours (a typical Godet button piece) and also one slightly larger in three pieces, silver frames and magnetic core.

Graf, I would say yours could be a pendant for a lapel chain, or possibly a piece of patriotica.

HI Streptile,

I think it is more likely a MIniature for chain or button piece (the last I can fix easier I have few silver buttons on dispose), because it is double sided with typical pearl beading as Godet one It can be easier converted to normal Minature with additional silver ribbon ring, however i prefer to keep it this way for the moment.

Graf

Interesting, never seen that EK2 1870 three piece mini. All I have is this EK2 1914 19 mm three piece mini, but I have no idea about maker.

Nice and interesting little 3-piece mini. Here is my Godet button with 3-piece 1870 mini.

Spectacular piece with the same buttonback as my 1870 mini. I don´t see it perfectly, but it looks like the numeral 7 in the date is leaning same style as on normal size B-cores.

Thanks for showing it.