Hi all. Another piece from a grouping that Nick's (Obergefreiter) brother in law got from a WW2 veteran who brought them all back. He sent the collection to Nick for ID, valuation and hopefully sale.

Nick and I met over in Devils Lake at the coffee house again last week... I took my Epson and did scans of just about everything in the collection.

I believe this one is one of the small pennants that came in a kit with metal rods and were used to mark mine fields. It was very wrinkled and we were lucky to get it flat enough with something on top of it in order to get a scan. Both sides are the same so we only did the one. Once carefully flattened out it will make a nice display piece.

Dan :cheers:

Edited by Hauptmann

From a German manual:

Color pic:

I think these were also intended to be used in areas that had been gassed... which of course never happened during WW2... at least not in combat. Only once that I'm aware of, in Italy when a ship carrying gas was bombed, blown up, etc.

Dan :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...