News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

While watching the Lippe-Detmold war merit cross 1st class thread I remind on my Mecklenburg-Strelitz cross 1st class.

There are many mistakes about this cross and number of awards. But it is not my intention to start a discussion about this.

I love this breast crosses and I would like to see yours.

Regards

Alex

Edited by jaba1914

• 5 years later...

Hi,

the pin seems to be a little different? (Zimmermann's needle is flat). Could you post a straight picture of the back?

Another question: in the book by Henning Volle (Stiftungen und Erneurenungen von deutschen Ehrenzeichen im Ersten Weltkrieg, issued 2014) we cand find information, that Zimmermann took manufacturing of these crosses possibly no later than begining of 1918. So not all Zimmermann pieces are postwar.

regards
    Tomasz

11 hours ago, tompress said:

Hi,

the pin seems to be a little different? (Zimmermann's needle is flat). Could you post a straight picture of the back?

Another question: in the book by Henning Volle (Stiftungen und Erneurenungen von deutschen Ehrenzeichen im Ersten Weltkrieg, issued 2014) we cand find information, that Zimmermann took manufacturing of these crosses possibly no later than begining of 1918. So not all Zimmermann pieces are postwar.

regards
    Tomasz

Thank you Tomasz,

These are the only pics I have at this time but I will ask for some more.

Also thank you for the extra information.

Regards

Alan

Unmarked crosses in this thread have at least three different needle mountings. Your seems to be same type as shown above by Homerjey.

Here is mine, like this one posted by dond.

regards
    Tomasz

MST_MVK1_A.jpg

MST_MVK1_R.jpg

8 hours ago, tompress said:

Unmarked crosses in this thread have at least three different needle mountings. Your seems to be same type as shown above by Homerjey.

Here is mine, like this one posted by dond.

regards
    Tomasz

MST_MVK1_A.jpg

MST_MVK1_R.jpg

I would have to agree with you it is like the type Homerjey posted and compared with my Mecklenburg Schwerin 1. Kl by Zimmermann I think it looks pretty good.

I was also reading this older thread from 2008..

Edited by Alan
    Grammer

• 2 weeks later...