News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Kutuzov to airbase

TacHel

On June 14, 2012, Russian President Vladimir Putin presented the Order of Kutuzov to the 393rd airbase in the Krasnodar territory.

President Putin affixing the streamer of the Order of Kutuzov to the base colours (photo www.kremlin.ru).

Base personnel march past behind their colours now bearing the streamer of the Order of Kutuzov.

This honour adds the name of the Order to the name of the base: 393rd "Order of Kutuzov" airbase (photo www.kremlin.ru).

This is what the new Order of Kutuzov looks like. The streamer is the same as the ribbon, it's actually the same as the old Soviet Order of Kutuzov 1st class ribbon.

These modern designs of russian awards ...

By the way, here comes the video of previous awarding (you wrote about it http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/50326-order-of-kutuzov-awarded-to-spetsnaz-airborne-unit/)

http://www.vesti.ru/videos?vid=329209

JapanX

Thanks so much for those links to the videos! :jumping:

As an old soldier, I really appreciated the martial nature of the parades and especially the superb traditions of the armed forces of Russia.

In the first video (presentation to airborne troops), I was particularly impressed, and touched, by the cheers of the soldiers as their regimental commander marched in front of them leading the newly decorated colour party, simply SUPERB! I was also touched when I saw President Putin bringing the streamer to his lips in the 2nd video, it gave the entire affair a truly solemn and heartfelt atmosphere, absolutely marvelous!