Pix of orders / medals being worn

Okay, let's see if we can find some interesting pix of our Mongolian decorated friends

First off Choibalsan and Tsedenbal in full glory

ATTENTION: I have, as usual, found most of these photos on the web, if anyone feels his/her copyrights have been violated, please let me know, and I will remove the pictures

Edited by vatjan
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guards Lieutenant Colonel Aleksandr Antonovich Kanevets, 96th Guards Mechanized Regiment, M1949-55 uniform-- wearing the Khalkin Gol 1939 badge between his Red Star and Guards badge:

[attachmentid=25887]

Colonel Georgy Vladimirovich Kalmikov, 3 April 1954, 234th "OM RVK" Artillery Regiment-- wearing Order of the Polar Star under his two Patriotic Wars and Red Star, and Mongolian Victory Over Japan next to his 1948 Armed Forces Jubilee medal:

[attachmentid=25888]

Guards Signals Lieutenant Colonel Nikolai Aleksandrovich Samarsky, 3 April 1952 (but wearing pre-1947 shoulder boards!), "Military Unit 9839" wearing Mongolian Victory Over Japan below his Soviet medals (note FILTHY ribbons!):

[attachmentid=25889]

• 2 weeks later...

Nice photo Lingqi! Welcome to The Forum!!!!! That's a very interesting and unique combination of awards that Choibalsan has chosen to wear for this meeting..... If I'm not mistaken, that looks like a Type 1 State Security/Ministry of The Interior Badge way up top of his "patch"....

Here are some pics of Marshal K.E.Voroshilov sporting his nice collection.

He was awarded the hero star but I'm must be missing something 'cause I don't see it anywhere. He was also awarded 2 orders of Sukhbaatar but they are kinda hard to see.

Here are some pics of Marshal K.E.Voroshilov sporting his nice collection.

He was awarded the hero star but I'm must be missing something 'cause I don't see it anywhere. He was also awarded 2 orders of Sukhbaatar but they are kinda hard to see.

Wow, fjcp, thanks! I am in awe!!

IPB Image

Where are his medals now??

Here is the only picture I could find of lieutenant General G.S.Titov who was awarded the Mongolian Hero star in 1961.

Titov was born on Sept 11 1935 in the Altai region, which just happens to border Mongolia. All right a local boy!!!....well almost.

Here are some interesting facts about him and his career.

He is the youngest person to have gone into space at 25 years 11months.

He was the second person to orbit the Earth.

He was the first person to get "space sickness",

and last but not least how many people do you know that have a crater on the moon named after them???

Well Titov has one, albeit on the far side...

• 2 weeks later...