News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pix of orders / medals being worn

Vatjan

• Replies 150
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen,

I'm trying to identify all Zhukovs awards seen on this beautiful picture. The Soviets are no problem, but I'm having difficulties with the foreign ones (including his Mongolian ones). Are the two awards left from his Lenins Orders of the Red Banner of Military Valor?

zjoekov.jpg

Gentlemen,

I'm trying to identify all Zhukovs awards seen on this beautiful picture. The Soviets are no problem, but I'm having difficulties with the foreign ones (including his Mongolian ones). Are the two awards left from his Lenins Orders of the Red Banner of Military Valor?

zjoekov.jpg

Hi Ferdinand,

Please, have a look at popst #14 of this thread :

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3144

I have identified Zhukov ribbons. It should help you... ;)

Ch.

Sorry Christophe, but exactly how does your post help me? :unsure:

Anyway, thanks for your reply. The picture must have been taken between 01-06-1945 and 20-06-1949. Of his other foreign awards I have already identified the Legion of Merit, Order of the Bath, Legion d'Honneur, Virtuti Militari and Grunwald Cross.

Edited by Ferdinand

Yes those are Red Banner of Military Valor orders with underneath on the left the Khalkhin Gol badge and on the right 2nd type of the Order of the Republic of the People's republic of Tuva

Jan

The cross with the palm on the ribbon left of the victory ordres is the French war cross

Just to the right of the Virtuti Militare breastplate is the sash badge of the L?gion d'honneur, on the left of the VM is of course the breatsplate of the L?gion d'honneur.

Jan

Edited by Vatjan

Gentlemen,

You might get better answers on the awards to a Soviet over on the Soviet section of the forum?

You might get better answers on the awards to a Soviet over on the Soviet section of the forum?

Well, I thought that the experts over here could identify the Mongolian awards, and the experts elsewhere the other foreign awards.

Christophe, the funny thing is that I've got a list of all of his awards, but some awards are not depicted on the picture and some awards from the picture are not on the list... Anyway, thanks everybody for your help!

Well, I thought that the experts over here could identify the Mongolian awards, and the experts elsewhere the other foreign awards.

Christophe, the funny thing is that I've got a list of all of his awards, but some awards are not depicted on the picture and some awards from the picture are not on the list... Anyway, thanks everybody for your help!

Well, we have identified the Mongolian awards for you, plus some others as well, so I think we did quite well :ninja:

Jan

This is the Khalkhin Gol? Sheesh, how can ya tell? :)

I mean, I can vaguely see the flag, sword and horse, if I squint hard...

Not that I doubt GZ got this and wears it it with pride...it's just so hard to recognize from this image. Y'all got good eyes. :)

This is the Khalkhin Gol? Sheesh, how can ya tell? :)

I mean, I can vaguely see the flag, sword and horse, if I squint hard...

Not that I doubt GZ got this and wears it it with pride...it's just so hard to recognize from this image. Y'all got good eyes. :)

Well, ... maybe I cheat :ninja:

• 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

Antonio had posted this oiver at http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1838&st=65 but I thought it was worth duplicating here. Order of wearing is the length of the medals?

UPDATE:

Now identified as Sgt-Maj. Gambold Azzaya. His medals:

Order of Combat Valor

1- POLAND - Polish Army Medal (Medal Wojska Polskiego) in silver

2- POLAND - Multinational Division Central-South Commemorative Medal (Medal pamiatkowy Wielonarodowej Dywizji Centrum-Poludnie) - unofficial commemorative

3- UNITED NATIONS - UNMIL (United Nations Mission in Liberia) - where I was unaware Mongolians had been deployed??!!

4- The Mongolian medal for overseas/peacekeeping operations, but who knows what teh proper name is.

5- Unknown Mongolian.

While I have both the badges (above his right pocket and below the medals), they have so far eluded identification (well, I've never asked -- shall do so now).

See: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=20021

Edited by Ed_Haynes

• 5 months later...

Here is a nice picture of labour Hero Mr. Sharav. ( I think that was it)

Perhaps our Mongolian members could help with the article???

Thanks.

JC

Labour Hero Sharav

Монгол улсын хөдөлмөрийн баатар, ардын жүжигчин, төрийн шагналт хөгжмийн зохиолч Дагвын Лувсаншарав---> Labour hero, People's Acter, State Prize Awardee, music composer Dagvyn Luvsansharav.

Монгол улсын хөдөлмөрийн баатар, ардын жүжигчин, төрийн шагналт хөгжмийн зохиолч Дагвын Лувсаншарав---> Labour hero, People's Acter, State Prize Awardee, music composer Dagvyn Luvsansharav.

Thank you very much UB6365!!

I stand corrected!

JC

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody

Would somebody tell me who is this guy wearing traditional clothes?

Thank you in advance

I doubt that we can identify him at this point... He isn't a "hero", nor does he have a title of merit, so for now the only way to find who he is might be to ask Dr.B or UB6365.

Sorry...

I might be wrong..... it wouldn't be the first time!!

JC