News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Canadian hat badges

I am considering expanding my collecting addiction to include military head dress badges. My question is are these badges being faked/re-struck? What do you suggest would be a good book on Canadian military head dress badges? thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Danny, In response to collectiing Canadian Cap Badges, You did not indicate what period you would be interested in.

A) Canadian Militia Badges Pre 1914.

B) First World War.

C) Canadian Badges 1920-1950.

D) Second World War.

E) Canadian Army 1953 - 1973.

Let me know what period would be of interest to you, and I will be able to give you a few book titles.

Concerning restrikes, all I can say is buyer beware, as there are some very good fakes out there.

Cheers

Woodbine

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Danny, In response to collectiing Canadian Cap Badges, You did not indicate what period you would be interested in.

A) Canadian Militia Badges Pre 1914.

B) First World War.

C) Canadian Badges 1920-1950.

D) Second World War.

E) Canadian Army 1953 - 1973.

Let me know what period would be of interest to you, and I will be able to give you a few book titles.

Concerning restrikes, all I can say is buyer beware, as there are some very good fakes out there.

Cheers

Woodbine

WW1 and WW2 would be my interest.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I have many Canadian Cap Badges and it is very fun because there are so many localized logos that include all sorts of symbols. I have just joined the club and will be posting many more Canadian cap badges, all from ww2 and earlier. Here is one of my favourites (my home province regiment) the Rocky Mountain Rangers with the cool Ram logo and native British Columbian slogan.

Pat

Another of my faves, the Canadian Armoured Corps hat badge. I think this one is ww1, but I could be wrong. Any opinion on this is welcome. I have found a few good sources of original Canadian Cap badges here in the Okanagan area as many veterans from Canada,as well as all sorts of other countries, retire here. I have about 20-25 cap badges, some british, and a New Zealand one as well. The few re-strikes I have seen here have been labeled as re-strikes and look quite sharp, but usually a little too sharp and clean...

Pat ;)