News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Exemplary 25th Wedding Anniversary Medal

JapanX

So here's another hypothetical - if you could only have ONE or the OTHER - which would you rather have? The medal, or the document? A semi-evil question, I know....

So here's another hypothetical - if you could only have ONE or the OTHER - which would you rather have? The medal, or the document? A semi-evil question, I know....

I guess medal ...

Especially if it is offered with the box...

If it's not hypothetical - then I take the doc (already have boxed medal :lol:)!

Edited by JapanX

Although I have two photos of the gold medal on my site, I have never seen one myself. Ultra rare--unless you have access to the Imperial Household.

http://imperialjapanmedalsandbadges.com/25thwedding.html

Now that I think of it, why would any medal awarded to an Imperial family member find its way into the public? Besides theft, that is.

Now that I think of it, why would any medal awarded to an Imperial family member find its way into the public? Besides theft, that is.

Every family has its black sheep ;)

I heard even chain once found its way into the public ...

Indeed!

And I have long wondered what has become of medals belonging to imperial family members over the years? Are they stored somewhere, do they make the rounds on public display?