News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

OTTOMAN BADGE ?!

Zaim Qyteza

Hi to all,

I find those pieces some days ago here in Albania.

I think those are military hat badges of the Tanzimat era, maybe 1840-1860. They have a D = 42 mm.

Can anyone help me to identify them?

Regards,

A.

Edited by Artan Lame

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hi to all,

I find those pieces some days ago here in Albania.

I think those are military hat badges of the Tanzimat era, maybe 1840-1860. They have a D = 42 mm.

Can anyone help me to identify them?

Regards,

A.

Dear All,

Now I am discussing with myself. :anmatcat:

Looking on the net, I find this jacket of the Ottoman Imperial Guard. In its collar, you can see an embroidered 12-pointed rosette. It is something similar with the second bronze rosete posted from me.

Regards,

Artan

Dear All,

Now I am discussing with myself. :anmatcat:

Looking on the net, I find this jacket of the Ottoman Imperial Guard. In its collar, you can see an embroidered 12-pointed rosette. It is something similar with the second bronze rosete posted from me.

Regards,

Artan

Hello Artan;

Sometimes a person just needs to discuss a subject out loud to help find the answer for himself. But in this case I would have liked to help you, but I just didn't know.

Regarding your tunic and the twelve pointed star....YES. Very similar. Good research. Do you know the era of the jacket?