News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fleet commanders awarding commemorative medals

TacHel

So far I've identified at least two commemorative medals that were established on the authority of a naval fleet commander, not the minister of defence. I know there are more such awards out there but these two I have purchased and have the award documents clearly mentioning them as the establishing and bestowing authority. These medals called "commemorative or memorial badges" are worn on the military uniform after state and ministerial awards.

Below is the Commemorative Medal "275 Years of the Pacific Fleet"

• 2 months later...

Yet another from the commander of the Pacific Fleet for "Veteran of the Pacific Fleet". (I guess being really far from Moscow has some advantages).

And award document, not quite as ornate as previous ones, but nonetheless also quite clearly identifying the fleet commander as the bestowing authority.