Kriegsmarine Cap Tallies in wear.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice photo you show us.Interessant to see your focus with your photography collection. I have bought about 300 new photos lately so I will post some of them here on the forum in the future

Best from Norway,Morten.

19 hours ago, LarryT said:

Thank you. That is an unusual tunic. Are some of his buttons undone?

Here is a Reichsmarine photo showing Kreuzer Emden cap tally.

Cheers,

Larry

Kreuzer Emden-2.jpg

I think so.Thanks for posting these Nice Tally Photo Larry!

SCHIFFSARTILLERIE SCHULE.
Notice the sign in the background!

img690 (2)sert.jpg

Hi,

Text translates as: Franz und Heinz/Heinz sails on the steamer in the background now for the last weeks.

Auf dem Dampfer im Hintergrund fährt Heinz jetzt die letzten Wochen.

There are till today a Scharnhorstbrücke in Kiel and Wilhelmshaven. By the looks of it, and because the Schiffsartillerieschule was in Kiel, I guess the photo was taken there. Actually, they both function more as a pier than a bridge.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

1 hour ago, GreyC said:

Hi,

Text translates as: Franz und Heinz/Heinz sails on the steamer in the background now for the last weeks.

Auf dem Dampfer im Hintergrund fährt Heinz jetzt die letzten Wochen.

There are till today a Scharnhorstbrücke in Kiel and Wilhelmshaven. By the looks of it, and because the Schiffsartillerieschule was in Kiel, I guess the photo was taken there. Actually, they both function more as a pier than a bridge.

GreyC

Thanks GreyC for great information!

Good evening Gentlemen,

having had a lot of fun watching you post cap tallies of the Kriegsmarine I have decided to join in, though my focus is on Imperial Forces / Navy.

Here are some from the Befehshaber der Sicherung der Nordsee.

As the unit and the boat might not generally be known here a few informations:

Built 1915 as trawler ESTEBURG for Pickenpack, taken over by Imperial Navy Dec. 1915. 13th January 1917: 4. Minenflottillle 12. Halbflottille. 16th June1919 back to owners. 1936 bought by Kriegsmarine. 14th March 1937 named SIGFRID. 3rd July 1937 Hilfsminensuchboot. 1st. April 1939 BSN Schulflottille (Befehlshaber der Sicherung der Nordsee). Survived war after short British ownership back into German hands as trawler broken up 1952.  (Gröner)

GreyC

x23022015BSN.jpg

BSN_D.jpg

Edited by GreyC

18 minutes ago, GreyC said:

Good evening Gentlemen,

having had a lot of fun watching you post cap tallies of the Kriegsmarine I have decided to join in, though my focus is on Imperial Forces / Navy.

Here are some from the Befehshaber der Sicherung der Nordsee.

As the unit and the boat might not generally be known here a few informations:

Built 1915 as trawler ESTEBURG for Pickenpack, taken over by Imperial Navy Dec. 1915. 13th January 1917: 4. Minenflottillle 12. Halbflottille. 16th June1919 back to owners. 1936 bought by Kriegsmarine. 14th March 1937 named SIGFRID. 3rd July 1937 Hilfsminensuchboot. 1st. April 1939 BSN Schulflottille (Befehlshaber der Sicherung der Nordsee). Survived war after short British ownership back into German hands as trawler broken up 1952.  (Gröner)

GreyC

x23022015BSN.jpg

BSN_D.jpg

Hello!

Welcome to this thread. Appreciate that there are new collectors with the same interest and lots of knowledge.

Very Nice photo and information!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

and here of the METEOR from my collection.

Grey

Meteor_kl.jpg

Hello!

My apologies if this is too off topic. But there were also civil cap tallies during that time, especially worn by the crews of the North German Lloyd and HAPAG, but also others. For example here some folks from the Hamburger Seebäder-Dienst, a line in connection with the HAPAG, that serviced some North-Sea Islands and harbour towns.

Greyc

HamburgerSeebäderdienst.jpg

HamburgerSeebäderdienstD.jpg

Edited by GreyC

49 minutes ago, GreyC said:

Hi there,

and here of the METEOR from my collection.

Grey

Meteor_kl.jpg

Hello!

My apologies if this is too off topic. But there were also civil cap tallies during that time, especially worn by the crews of the North German Lloyd and HAPAG, but also others. For example here some folks from the Hamburger Seebäder-Dienst, a line in connection with the HAPAG, that serviced some North-Sea Islands and harbour towns.

Greyc

HamburgerSeebäderdienst.jpg

HamburgerSeebäderdienstD.jpg

Thanks for very good information and photo!

Hi, good evening!

As this thread is named Kriegsmarine Cap Tallies.... I have obstained from posting WW1 and prior Cap Tallies of the Kaiserliche Marine. Were it ok to do so, with regards to thread title? I´d have a couple of interesting ones, if interest is there.

Thanks,

GreyC