News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

a nice photo for sure. In WW1 Admiral von Hipper also  had a vessel named after him, but it was called Admiral von Hipper. A fishing trawler which saw service as a Vorposten-Boot (I think). During WW2 it was  requisitioned for Unternehmen Seelöwe after having been returned to civil fishing during the inter war period.

GreyC

On ‎3‎-‎9‎-‎2017 at 01:53, LarryT said:

Very nice cap tally photo Morten.:)

I was looking through my KM photos and found this parade photo.

They are wearing 5 Schiffsstammabteilung 5 cap tallies.

Cheers,

Larry

img213.jpg

img213a.jpg

Interesting photo Larry. I think the KzS inspecting, is Hermann von Bredow, he was Kdr of the 5. SStA from 1 Jan. until 11 Apr 1939, and before (from 20 Aug 1937) Kdr of the I. Marine-Ergänzungs-Abteilung (also in Eckernforde). Von Bredow was promoted Konteradmiral (1.11.42) and commanding Coastal Forces (Kdt. Seeverteidigung) in Northern Norway.

Edited by Odulf

Hi,

a new one to my collection: Marineschule Kiel. Founded in 1913 it was responsible for the education of  naval engineers (officers) . During the time of the Wehrmacht up to 4000 pupils at the same time were stationed for courses at this school.

MarineSchuleKiel_Dkl.jpg

Edited by GreyC

On 9/8/2017 at 17:57, Odulf said:

Interesting photo Larry. I think the KzS inspecting, is Hermann von Bredow, he was Kdr of the 5. SStA from 1 Jan. until 11 Apr 1939, and before (from 20 Aug 1937) Kdr of the I. Marine-Ergänzungs-Abteilung (also in Eckernforde). Von Bredow was promoted Konteradmiral (1.11.42) and commanding Coastal Forces (Kdt. Seeverteidigung) in Northern Norway.

Thank you Odulf for the great information about my photo. I believe you are correct about the Kapitan zur See being Herman von Bredow.

Cheers,

Larry

vonbredow.jpg

2 hours ago, GreyC said:

Hi,

a new one to my collection: Marineschule Kiel. Founded in 1913 it was responsible for the education of  naval engineers (officers) . During the time of the Wehrmacht up to 4000 pupils at the same time were stationed for courses at this school.

MarineSchuleKiel_Dkl.jpg

Nice photo GreyC.:)

I have a photo coming to me showing the same tally being worn. I will post a scan when it arrives.

Cheers,

Larry

Edited by LarryT

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much Morten.:)

I was lucky with this photo. I bid on quite a few and miss out on a few as well. I wonder who won that very nice KM Pfarrer (Chaplain) photo that was on Ebay recently. I was outbid on that one.

Cheers,

Larry

• 2 weeks later...
    On 01/10/2017 at 15:00, nesredep said:

Hello!

I have had this for a while.

2.SCHIFFSSTAMMABTEILUNG........?

Cheers,Morten.

img877 (3)rgrg.jpg

That's one tough looking fella !

nice photo Morten, thanks for sharing....

tony

On 10/2/2017 at 00:00, nesredep said:

Hello!

I have had this for a while.

2.SCHIFFSSTAMMABTEILUNG........?

Cheers,Morten.

img877 (3)rgrg.jpg

Nice photo Morten. Also wearing Wehrersatzwesen (Replacement  service career patch).

Cheers,

Larry

• 5 weeks later...
    12 minutes ago, LarryT said:

Hi Morten,

Very nice photo.:)

Made even more special by the early Stabsgefreiter chevron worn by seaman standing in middle of photo.

Cheers,

Larry

Glad You Like my Photo Larry.Thanks for information!

Cheers,

Morten.

Hello!

My good friends on this thread.
    Shows some more pictures from my collection for you.

Cheers,

Morten.

img965Kølen.jpg

1 hour ago, LarryT said:

You have very nice photos in your collection. Thanks for posting them.

Cheers,

Larry

Hello Larry!
    Thanks for your nice comment on my photo collection. The collection has increased with lots of new pictures after I started shopping in 2017
    on e-bay. I bought lots of exciting pictures that I am wait to post here because of me and my Norwegian Kriegsmarine collectors want  write a book about Kriegsmarine in Norway.
    Cheers,
    Morten.