News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another (very large size) colourized portrait with the tally Panzerschiff Admiral Scheer

Panzerschiff Admiral Scheer 30.jpg

18 hours ago, nesredep said:

To you all who contribute on this thread!

4. Zerstörerdivisjon and Torpedobootsflotille.

Cheers,Moorten.

img079 (3).jpg

Nice one Morten!

7 hours ago, Odulf said:

Another (very large size) colourized portrait with the tally Panzerschiff Admiral Scheer

Panzerschiff Admiral Scheer 30.jpg

Nice one Morten!

Very Nice Odulf!

Cheers,Morten.

Hi Odulf,

Thanks for comment on my photo!

Hi all who contrybuted on this thread,

4. Torpedobootsflotille.

Cheers,Morten.

img143A.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    On 30/09/2019 at 23:56, nesredep said:

Very Nice Odulf!

Cheers,Morten.

Hi Odulf,

Thanks for comment on my photo!

Hi all who contrybuted on this thread,

4. Torpedobootsflotille.

Cheers,Morten.

img143A.jpg

Hi Gents

I would like to know if sailors from this pic were wearing this type of cap for usuing only on board made in white thick fabric and please Im curious to see this kind of cap on period pics,I attatched a book example in order you know what cap I wanted to see on wear?

Thanks in advance and all the best from Spain in this difficult time by COVID 19

Fernando

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail (8).jpg

maybe  in these 2 pics could we find this cap for  only duty on board??

Thanks for posting more examples if you have even for the cap itself if you own any

59689f07b7dfc_KaMa-Wolf(3)-HeimkehrSMSWolf(Flensburg17.2.1918).thumb.jpg.fe70abb8b7c2d0588c0df0d2ba0f1f63.jpg

img143A.thumb.jpg.797b47d807d19c5966e1af963ac5e5d8.jpg

The photo numbered 733 is from my collection. It shows sailors of the German raider SMS Wolf in World War 1. I think that the men in the other photo are wearing the general sailors'hat with the white top.

The all white Bordmütze, to my knowledge, was no longer used from the mid-1930s, but here is a fine example from the days of the Reichsmarine, pre 1930 (when the lettering changed to Fraktur script). This type of hat can be recognized because below the tally, the white material of the hat is always visible.

RM - 041x - MB MARINESTATION DER OSTSEE.jpg

Edited by Odulf

13 hours ago, Odulf said:

The photo numbered 733 is from my collection. It shows sailors of the German raider SMS Wolf in World War 1. I think that the men in the other photo are wearing the general sailors'hat with the white top.

The all white Bordmütze, to my knowledge, was no longer used from the mid-1930s, but here is a fine example from the days of the Reichsmarine, pre 1930 (when the lettering changed to Fraktur script). This type of hat can be recognized because below the tally, the white material of the hat is always visible.

RM - 041x - MB MARINESTATION DER OSTSEE.jpg

Thanks Odulf for your kindly and quickly input, apart if would be possible you or someone add a pic from same cap but with Kriegsmarine devices or a cap itself (no pic on wear)? ?

• 3 months later...

At ease - sailors of the Marine Signalstelle (M.S.S.) Wangerooge.

Their cap tallys read "Marinenachrichtenstelle Cuxhaven". The photo is dated 10. Mai 1939.

The Wangerooge Isle is situated on the North Sea cost, at the mouth of the Jade Bight, leading to Wilhelmshaven (West) and Bremerhaven (East). The place is of great military importance, and in ww2 the island was an important Naval stronghold, crammed with both Coastal and Anti-Aircraft Artillery batteries and even a small airstrip.

MB Nachrichtenstelle Wangerooge - (Marine Signalstelle MSS, 10-3-39) x.jpg