News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Larry,
    Your new beautiful and rare pictures are an important addition to this good thread. Am a little surprised with little comments on the thread as so many people stop by and see. These days the Forums are better than Facebook which limits the posting with many things they can not stand this I understand but one must be able to show whole items.

Best,Morten.

And the hits just keep on coming - very nice pics Larry!

7 hours ago, nesredep said:

Hi Larry,
    Your new beautiful and rare pictures are an important addition to this good thread. Am a little surprised with little comments on the thread as so many people stop by and see. These days the Forums are better than Facebook which limits the posting with many things they can not stand this I understand but one must be able to show whole items.

Best,Morten.

Interesting observation Morten, but do we do this chasing comments or because we want to share our collections? We've kept it going, 24 pages of wonderful information, and that's a fact.

13 hours ago, nesredep said:

Hi Larry,

Best,Morten.

Thanks for the kind comments. I agree about FB. I don't like the censorship.

Cheers,

Larry

5 hours ago, Odulf said:

And the hits just keep on coming - very nice pics Larry!

Interesting observation Morten, but do we do this chasing comments or because we want to share our collections? We've kept it going, 24 pages of wonderful information, and that's a fact.

Hi Odulf,

Thanks. I agree 100%. More to come.

Nice one Morten. I. Torpedobootsflottille, stationed in Swinnenmünde, with 4 old black boats (built 1911/12). Here is a picture of "G8", the other three were "G7", "G10" and "G11".

@KM Torpedoboot G8.jpg

Edited by Odulf

• 3 weeks later...
    1 hour ago, SICHERHEITSDIENTS said:

Hej Morten

Very nice pic as usual in your posts

thanks for sharing

Hello My friend,

Thaks for comment !????

8 minutes ago, LarryT said:

I agree, very nice photo Morten. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Larry

Thanks for Nice comment My friend!?????

Beautiful photo Morten, excellent quality, is it originally a press photo?

Obviuosly it is not on taken on board of a U-Boot, in the mid-30s the Unterseebootschule in Kiel comprised the Schulverband (for U-Boot practice) with 6 older submarines as training boats: U1 , U2, U3, U4, U5, U6 (these are manifold pictured in postcards). To this flottilla was also attaced a surface ship for security and to collect the torpedoes. The photo was taken on board this support ship. In 1935 this was the old Torpedoboat "T158", later to be replaced by the old Minesweeper "M136". I think the latter is the stage for this picture.

Edited by Odulf

On 04/03/2021 at 09:30, Odulf said:

Beautiful photo Morten, excellent quality, is it originally a press photo?

Obviuosly it is not on taken on board of a U-Boot, in the mid-30s the Unterseebootschule in Kiel comprised the Schulverband (for U-Boot practice) with 6 older submarines as training boats: U1 , U2, U3, U4, U5, U6 (these are manifold pictured in postcards). To this flottilla was also attaced a surface ship for security and to collect the torpedoes. The photo was taken on board this support ship. In 1935 this was the old Torpedoboat "T158", later to be replaced by the old Minesweeper "M136". I think the latter is the stage for this picture.

Hello Odulf,

My photo is not a press photo.Thank you for comment and liking this photo.Thans for al Great information!??

Best,Morten.

On 16/02/2021 at 22:26, Odulf said:

Nice one Morten. I. Torpedobootsflottille, stationed in Swinnenmünde, with 4 old black boats (built 1911/12). Here is a picture of "G8", the other three were "G7", "G10" and "G11".

@KM Torpedoboot G8.jpg

Torpedoschulflottille tallys. Torpedoboot G10 in the background.

Also a photo of G7, G8, G11 & G10. Photos are from a Torpedoboot G7 photo album.

Cheers,

Larry

img591.jpg

img519.jpg

• 4 weeks later...