Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Torpedoschulflottille tallys. Torpedoboot G10 in the background. Also a photo of G7, G8, G11 & G10. Photos are from a Torpedoboot G7 photo album. Cheers, Larry

Such a book has been produced "DIE MÜTZENBÄNDER DER DEUTSCHEN MARINE / 1815-1918 / Königlich Preussische Marine - Norddeutsche Bundesmarine - Kaiserliche Marine", by Bernd Wedeking & Markus Bodeux

The Index thread to compliment this superb thread is now up to date. As always, if you spot any mistakes etc just let me know.

Posted Images

Hi Larry,
Your new beautiful and rare pictures are an important addition to this good thread. Am a little surprised with little comments on the thread as so many people stop by and see. These days the Forums are better than Facebook which limits the posting with many things they can not stand this I understand but one must be able to show whole items.
 

Best,Morten.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And the hits just keep on coming - very nice pics Larry!

7 hours ago, nesredep said:

Hi Larry,
Your new beautiful and rare pictures are an important addition to this good thread. Am a little surprised with little comments on the thread as so many people stop by and see. These days the Forums are better than Facebook which limits the posting with many things they can not stand this I understand but one must be able to show whole items.
 

Best,Morten.

Interesting observation Morten, but do we do this chasing comments or because we want to share our collections? We've kept it going, 24 pages of wonderful information, and that's a fact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nesredep said:

Hi Larry,
Your new beautiful and rare pictures are an important addition to this good thread. Am a little surprised with little comments on the thread as so many people stop by and see. These days the Forums are better than Facebook which limits the posting with many things they can not stand this I understand but one must be able to show whole items.
 

Best,Morten.

Thanks for the kind comments. I agree about FB. I don't like the censorship.

Cheers,

Larry

5 hours ago, Odulf said:

And the hits just keep on coming - very nice pics Larry!

Interesting observation Morten, but do we do this chasing comments or because we want to share our collections? We've kept it going, 24 pages of wonderful information, and that's a fact.

Hi Odulf,

Thanks. I agree 100%. More to come.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one Morten. I. Torpedobootsflottille, stationed in Swinnenmünde, with 4 old black boats (built 1911/12). Here is a picture of "G8", the other three were "G7", "G10" and "G11".

@KM Torpedoboot G8.jpg

Edited by Odulf
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nesredep said:

Hello Larry,FernandoF,Odulf,Martin W,etc!

 

This photo ariwed today.  Unterseebootschule.

 

Best from Norway,Morten.

ygi.jpg

Hej Morten

Very nice pic as usual in your posts

thanks for sharing

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SICHERHEITSDIENTS said:

Hej Morten

Very nice pic as usual in your posts

thanks for sharing

I agree, very nice photo Morten. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Larry

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SICHERHEITSDIENTS said:

Hej Morten

Very nice pic as usual in your posts

thanks for sharing

Hello My friend,

Thaks for comment !🍻🙂👏👏

8 minutes ago, LarryT said:

I agree, very nice photo Morten. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

Larry

Thanks for Nice comment My friend!🙂🍻👏👏👏

Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful photo Morten, excellent quality, is it originally a press photo?

Obviuosly it is not on taken on board of a U-Boot, in the mid-30s the Unterseebootschule in Kiel comprised the Schulverband (for U-Boot practice) with 6 older submarines as training boats: U1 , U2, U3, U4, U5, U6 (these are manifold pictured in postcards). To this flottilla was also attaced a surface ship for security and to collect the torpedoes. The photo was taken on board this support ship. In 1935 this was the old Torpedoboat "T158", later to be replaced by the old Minesweeper "M136". I think the latter is the stage for this picture.

Edited by Odulf
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/03/2021 at 09:30, Odulf said:

Beautiful photo Morten, excellent quality, is it originally a press photo?

Obviuosly it is not on taken on board of a U-Boot, in the mid-30s the Unterseebootschule in Kiel comprised the Schulverband (for U-Boot practice) with 6 older submarines as training boats: U1 , U2, U3, U4, U5, U6 (these are manifold pictured in postcards). To this flottilla was also attaced a surface ship for security and to collect the torpedoes. The photo was taken on board this support ship. In 1935 this was the old Torpedoboat "T158", later to be replaced by the old Minesweeper "M136". I think the latter is the stage for this picture.

Hello Odulf,

My photo is not a press photo.Thank you for comment and liking this photo.Thans for al Great information!🙂🍻

 

Best,Morten.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/02/2021 at 22:26, Odulf said:

Nice one Morten. I. Torpedobootsflottille, stationed in Swinnenmünde, with 4 old black boats (built 1911/12). Here is a picture of "G8", the other three were "G7", "G10" and "G11".

@KM Torpedoboot G8.jpg

Torpedoschulflottille tallys. Torpedoboot G10 in the background.

Also a photo of G7, G8, G11 & G10. Photos are from a Torpedoboot G7 photo album.

Cheers,

Larry

img591.jpg

img519.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Blog Comments

    • Sounds great other than the Orange & Mango squash only because I prefer cran-pomegranate juice.
    • "(...) disgusting herbal concoction (...)" I took note of this description, to enrich my otherwise limited, English "Wortschatz"...
    • At work the standard indian tea such as PG tips is referred to as chimp tea. This goes back to the days when we had a Spanish girl working for us whose command of the English language was extremely limited. One lunch she said she was going to the shop could she get anything. I asked if she could get a pack of tea bags. She returned with some disgusting herbal concoction. I tried to explain what was required but without success. I then remembered PG tips had a picture of a chimpanzee on the packe
    • When I read Lapsang Souchong i decided to post something about these Tea . Many years ago I dont  know about Lapsang until I read James Michener book Centennial and the description of the savour of the Lapasang as a mix of tar and salt & smoked made me proof . It was exact ! and i liked it since then .
    • I have been known to drink Lapsang Souchong and Tea, Earl Grey, Hot... both "without pollutants". I normally have one mug of coffee in the morning, then spend the rest of the day drinking Orange & Mango squash (by the pint). Then evening comes and it's a pint, followed by red wine with dinner and sometimes a drop of Laphroaig afterwards.
×
×
  • Create New...