News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Morten.

i do not think that Edgar was suggesting you delete the post,but rather start a new thread on the HJ Tallies.I think i have a couple of images that show the HJ Marine Tallies in wear.

Regards,Martin.

Hi Morten.

i do not think that Edgar was suggesting you delete the post,but rather start a new thread on the HJ Tallies.I think i have a couple of images that show the HJ Marine Tallies in wear.

Regards,Martin.

You are right Martin!

Yes we started a new thread on HJ Tallies.

Regards,Morten.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Here is a new Tally Photo.    ....Schiffstammabte... and Kriegsmarine tally with his brother.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2015/post-1000-0-86790600-1424271847.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_02_2015/post-1000-0-37727400-1424271885.jpg

Regards,dora.

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Martin,

As requested.

Odulf, 

I am sure it has been discussed but as this is not my main effort I thought I would share it as an oddity (to me anyway)? 

I take what ever I can find where ever I find it and share it if there is any interest.  I don't sadly have enough time to chase down every item although I would love to do that, if I win the lottery I will!

Thanks for the info though.

Any Moderator, help please?

Perhaps it can be moved to the appropriate thread, so as not to intrude on this thread?

Thanks

Jock :)

km.jpg

Please don't feel corrected Jock, when you scroll down in this topic, you will find the matching photos and information. :)

By the way, the elder man in the same picture is a Naval Official (Kriegsmarine Beamter), easy to be recognized by their silver chin strap (identical to Army Officers) and silver tape badges of rank. Different from officers in the German Army and Air Force, Naval officers (except Naval Officials) did wear a black laquered leather chin strap, 

Odulf,

Not corrected but informed, thanks again for the info.  I just don't like it when things are in the wrong place either, OCD?:)

The other bloke looks to have a badge on his left arm just above the rank rings, is that in keeping with your thoughts, I have seen in passing some refernce to various career structure badges but in this shot it would be impossible to tell.

Thanks again

Jock :)

Naval officers would all carry a branch device in gold wire above the tapes, Officials would carry a silver eagle with different "pips" or waves to denote their branch.

It is impossible to tell for sure which branch the guy in your photo belongs to.

For your information, please note these images:

KM - 001.jpg

img990.jpg