News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Jubilee Medal 100 Years of the Russian Air Force

TacHel

The Russian Air Force will celebrate its 100 years of existence on August 12, 2012.

Amid the week long planned celebrations, a newly minted (60,000 examples) jubilee medal will be awarded to members of the air force with over 15 years of service, to veterans of the service and to notable personalities who made a significant contribution to the service.

I am unsure if this will be a state or ministerial jubilee medal. The ribbon suggests a ministerial award, but President Putin was involved in its establishment which is quite unusual for a ministerial medal.

Source: MoD RF http://www.function.mil.ru/news_page/country/more.htm?id=11250456@egNews

If anybody has more info, or pictures, please share with us!

Edited by TacHel

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the first decent picture I could find of the new medal. Very odd though, the ribbon has a single black edge stripe on the left, commemorative/jubilee medals usually have 2 such stripes... Go figure...