News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 90
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen, On the Type II standard badges, do you happen to have 9118G in Husken's book? The one I posted is that badge. Measurements are 21.5mm x 21.5mm. If you do and have the time and inclination could you post an image of its' reverse please? . Robert :unsure:

Hi Robert,

Finally got a moment to myself to look. Sadly I have the 1992/3 edition of Husken, so the numbers don't match up, but I've posted all the Type II member badges I have. The one you showed looks perfectly fine to me, and they clearly made a range of sizes. What was it you were looking for about this particular badge?

Edited by Gold Party Pin Guy

Hi Robert,

Finally got a moment to myself to look. Sadly I have the 1992/3 edition of Husken, so the numbers don't match up, but I've posted all the Type II member badges I have. The one you showed looks perfectly fine to me, and they clearly made a range of sizes. What was it you were looking for about this particular badge?

Stephen, Actually I was looking for a reverse image to compare with mine. Mine is not RZM marked so I was curious as to whether (sp?) it was produced only pre-RZM or post as well. I haven't been able to find any 21.5mm x 21.5mm at all to compare. Thanks for pursuing this though. Robert

Stephen, Actually I was looking for a reverse image to compare with mine. Mine is not RZM marked so I was curious as to whether (sp?) it was produced only pre-RZM or post as well. I haven't been able to find any 21.5mm x 21.5mm at all to compare. Thanks for pursuing this though. Robert

"63" or M1/63 is Steinhauer & Luck - the same as your badge - one of the major producers of these badges. Yours is a fine pre-RZM example, since these badges started before RZM marking began. I'd say the pre-RZM maker marked ones are rarer.

• 3 weeks later...

[attachmentid=27116][attachmentid=27118]

Gentlemen, Well, I think I should stick to tinnies and start collecting photos. I think it is still a lot "safer". Well, I just returned from a small show nearby with 2 ladies badges. One is an NS Frauensch. and the other a TypeIII Frauenschaft. I will scan the TypeIII later but take a look at the Frauensch. and objectively tell me what you think. I know 75 is Shickle and I beleive he used a rather fancy Z in his RZM stamp. At least that is what I see when I researced his badges. What I do not like about this badge is that it has a horizontal pin attachment. Take a look.....please be objective....it can allways go back. I was just a little overcome by impulsiveness because I don't see many of these for sale. I do see Stephen' badge right on this thread with a vertical pin attachment however. Thank you guys....Fire Away Robert

[attachmentid=27116][attachmentid=27118]

Gentlemen, Well, I think I should stick to tinnies and start collecting photos. I think it is still a lot "safer". Well, I just returned from a small show nearby with 2 ladies badges. One is an NS Frauensch. and the other a TypeIII Frauenschaft. I will scan the TypeIII later but take a look at the Frauensch. and objectively tell me what you think. I know 75 is Shickle and I beleive he used a rather fancy Z in his RZM stamp. At least that is what I see when I researced his badges. What I do not like about this badge is that it has a horizontal pin attachment. Take a look.....please be objective....it can allways go back. I was just a little overcome by impulsiveness because I don't see many of these for sale. I do see Stephen' badge right on this thread with a vertical pin attachment however. Thank you guys....Fire Away Robert

I have no problem with this badge at all - in fact I like it a lot. It's from Jan-March 1935, and the odd orientation of the RZM stamp is very interesting. Not something you'd see in later stanardized badges, but looks period. I wouldn't worry about pin attachment too much in the early badges.

Thank you Stephen for your expertise. It is always nice to hear imput either good or bad from someone else. Except for forums on the web and some reference materials, I pusue this hobby totally and completely solo. This is probably why I have a tendency to overpost here on this forum. This and another venueare the only chances I get to show my stuff. I did show my party badge collection to some "friends" this past summer. I haven't talked to them since. So thank you for complimenting my new piece and THANK YOU for allowing those interested to download your RZM guide. I use it constantly. Take Care. Robert :cool:

This is probably why I have a tendency to overpost here on this forum.

Robert, you do not overpost, the rest of us underpost.

I tend to try not to just say "nice badge" all the time & so stay quiet unless I can give an informed answer. I haven't a clue with your 75 but will happily go along with Stephen's conclusion as he has studdied the RZM far more than I. I am confident though when I say your type III looks fine.

Keep posting my friend.

Cheers

Don

Hi Robert,

Don is quite right - post away. I'm always happy to see what other people have up their sleeves, and I've been helped by many on this and other sites.

A thought occurred to me about your badge. I suspect (and it's only a suspicion) that the manufacturer may have cut corners and used an existing RZM reverse die and tried to get it to fit on the back of a smaller pin. That would account for the odd orientation and fit.

I personally like these badges with a little character more than some of the "textbook" ones. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Gold Party Pin Guy

I will post away. Thanks for looking in and offering your expertise and advice. Right now I am waiting to hear from James who has a 27mm Frauenschaft to see if his pin attachment is vertical or horizontal. Don't forget your wives and girlfriends tonight. Robert

• 1 month later...

Matt, Sorry I am so late to respond to your question regarding my statement about NSF. I had remembered reading it somewhere and alas I have finally found it. I mispoke. It was not NSF but DFW. Page 16 BACKING HITLER by Robert Gellately. "In addition, the mass-oriented 'German Women's Enterprise' (Deutches Frauenwerk, DFW), founded in September 1933 as an umbrella organization to take the place of women's organizations that had been 'coordinated' or eliminated by the Nazis, gained a membership of 2.7 million by 1935, and that number grew by 1938 to 'around four million' and thereby became the largest non-compulsory organization in the country."

The author could be wrong or more likely did not include actual party membership. Robert :unsure:

Robert;

Very interesting. I am suprised it was even DFW, discounting the actual party membership, I was guessing at DAF, since it included men and women. Interesting facts though.

I am busy researching some of the NSF numbers at the moment, I have some copies of their literature and year books, which I am working on.

I shall have to start a thread later about the DAF pins, because I have a couple to share that I like.

TTFN

Matt