News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Badges of Sea and Sky Association: Return from Oblivion

JapanX

• Replies 54
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very comprehensive showing of these types of badges. Thanks for putting in the time to photo and post these.

Would be great if there were more info on the association itself. I wonder what they did or what they stood for? Were they similar to the association that used the 3-legged crow badges or were they a Veteran's club? Seems like there were many of these types of clubs/associations in japan...possibly a cultural phenomenon related thing in Japan.

Either way, nice to see variations of this badge and hopefully it'll lead to more research!

I wonder what they did or what they stood for? Were they similar to the association that used the 3-legged crow badges or were they a Veteran's club?

Most likely it was a para-military youth organization (from what I heard) ...

Design of the badges clearly shows to what this organization prepared its members ;)

The structure of the organization must be pretty close to Reservist league (Teikoku Zaiko Gunjin Kai).

Seems like there were many of these types of clubs/associations in japan...possibly a cultural phenomenon related thing in Japan.

During same time period we observe similar "clubs" in USSR and Germany ;)

Regards,

Nick

Edited by JapanX

• 4 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Another regular member badge with insciption at reverse and with additional paper.

The only thing I couldn`t figure out for whom this badges (and association) were intended: for youngster`s or for woman. For both? :) Any thoughts that are backed up with hard evidence? ;)

• 1 month later...