News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sergeant Gnitienko's "Glory-Trio"

Gentlemen,

Let me add my 5 kopeks. I think this group should be checked both with PMD and through the archival research. Paul will provide you the "Cavalier's card", while archival research will most likely yield the "Uchetnaya kartochka". Once those two documents are available any mistakes, inconsistances and etc. will most likely be uncovered and clarified (an exchange of medals always leaves paper trail). And $100 paid for those two documents is more than fair price to confirm (or NOT confirm) the originality of the $14K+ group.

• Replies 177
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen,

Let me add my 5 kopeks. I think this group should be checked both with PMD and through the archival research. Paul will provide you the "Cavalier's card", while archival research will most likely yield the "Uchetnaya kartochka". Once those two documents are available any mistakes, inconsistances and etc. will most likely be uncovered and clarified (an exchange of medals always leaves paper trail). And $100 paid for those two documents is more than fair price to confirm (or NOT confirm) the originality of the $14K+ group.

To all:

The Full Cavalier Special Awards Card may also be obtained through an archival research request. The advantage of using PMD's service in this instance rests squarely in its much quicker turn around time. If one is willing to wait, however, all the applicable research documents may be obtained through the archives.

It appears Herr Zulus has opted for the archives route. Hopefully he has requested the full range of research documentation. As stated in one of my earlier posts in this thread, information contained in the archives should serve to bring closure to this case.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Gentlemen,

I just received the information from Paul, that at Gnitienko's special award card, "Cavaliers Card", the s/n. 3646 for the Glory 1 cl is listed.

So we have to have a look at the other documents and records.

As I noted already, for me and all other collectors, who have seen the set, there is no doubt, that the Cavaliers Booklet + the Glory 1cl s/n. 1965 are genuine, authentic and undoctored.

Best regards

Christian

Gentlemen,

Sergeant Gnitienko's "Glory-Trio" - more detailed scans

Gentlemen,

as I already noted, the research about the clerical mistake in the records & archives is going on.

To stop any discussion, wheater Gnietinko's set is authentic & genuine or not, I will post more scans of the group + the Cavaliers Booklet.

Please compare the ribbons I post to Gnitienko's photograph in "Cavaliers of All Three Classes of the Order of Glory" Military Publishing House, Moscow, 2000 - the are exactly the same: 1 cl to wide & 2 cl the wrong way.

Best regards

Christian

As a first scan, the Glory 1cl.

To me your group looks like very good! I have no knowledge about Order books, so I cannot say anything, but the medals are gorgeous! I'll have to go to Wien next time I go to Germany, only to take a look at those jewels in your collection. :love:

Dear Soviet,

you are welcome - by my guest in Vienna :beer: .

But my collection is modest and not 100 % complete - I don't have a Suvorov, HSU, etc. Dr. Herfurth in Berlin has a really great collection ...

Vienna is worth a trip: The most beautiful of the large cities in Europa, nice hughe Red Army Monument in the center of the City, excellent Military Museum and easy dedactable routes, how the Soviets captured Vienna (it was really a great, fast and swift operation!).

Best regards

Christian

To me your group looks like very good! I have no knowledge about Order books, so I cannot say anything, but the medals are gorgeous! I'll have to go to Wien next time I go to Germany, only to take a look at those jewels in your collection. :love:
    Edited by Christian Zulus