News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

stolen colection of WWI peace medals

Dear all possibly the sort of thing that might find its way on E-Bay

At approximately 4.45pm on Thursday 9 August a collection of over 600 WWI peace commemorative medal and badges were stolen form the Malmesbury area in Wiltshire. The items were in gold, silver, bronze, aluminium and paper. All items were associated with the peace celebrations of 1919 in Britiain, the Commonwealth and allied countires and also included Masonic commemoratives.

Any information phone DC Garry Epps (Wiltshire Police) (0044(0)1225 794739 (Crime number 54120070860)

All the best,

Paul

Hi Paul

Sorry to hear about the theft, I also collect the 1919 Peace medals, so I will keep my eye open for any unusual numbers of these appearing for sale.

I will also send the info in your post to my usual sources in case they get offered any or hear of anything.

Steve

Paul - thankyou for posting this distressing loss - with so many involved it is a serious theft.

May I suggest that in addition to here you add the post to the Stolen section on the For Sale section.

Not everyone reads the British Forums. Mervyn

Paul - thankyou for posting this distressing loss - with so many involved it is a serious theft.

May I suggest that in addition to here you add the post to the Stolen section on the For Sale section.

Not everyone reads the British Forums. Mervyn

Thanks Mervyn,

How can I do this without rewriting I seem to have trouble copying and pasting.

Lazy as ever,

Paul

Gentlemen.....

Cut and Posted to a few other sites.....

Mike

Many thanks Mike. I normally am not so bothered about many thefts reported as most are untracable but my gut feeling is that something as unusual will ring alarm bells if such material turns up in large quantities.

I am afraid I have problems coming to terms with the technologies of late 19th century let alone with late 20th century/21st century.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all possibly the sort of thing that might find its way on E-Bay

At approximately 4.45pm on Thursday 9 August a collection of over 600 WWI peace commemorative medal and badges were stolen form the Malmesbury area in Wiltshire. The items were in gold, silver, bronze, aluminium and paper. All items were associated with the peace celebrations of 1919 in Britiain, the Commonwealth and allied countires and also included Masonic commemoratives.

Any information phone DC Garry Epps (Wiltshire Police) (0044(0)1225 794739 (Crime number 54120070860)

All the best,

Paul

This is rotten.

I would contact the Antiques Trade Gazette and inform them. These medals may be dispersed throughout the country to auction houses and they have a stolen items section. Go to their website

Also, try their online auction search engine at the-saleroom.com

Hope they're found and the ******** caught.