News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Need some advice re new purchases

Hi Guys,

I have been away from collecting now for nearly a year and what I did have in my collection I had to sell unfortunatly. However, I am back on my feet again and have just made a couple of purchases I would like you opinions on. I dont have the items as yet as they are still in transit but I would like to know are the various badges attached to the jacket applicable. Could somebody tell me what the qualification badge is above the pocket and what unit the brustenhanger belongs too...(I think that is what they are called). In respect to the cap, would this be appropriate to display with the tunic. Thanks for your time.

Phil

Phil,

The qualification badge above the right breast pocket is for Kompany Feldwebel and would work with the rank of Stabsfeldwel shown on the shoulderboards. The piping colour of the collar tabs and shoulder boards matches the arm badge which is for the Head Quarters of the 10th Panzer Division. The breast hanger is for the 108th Security Battalion which would have been subordinate to the Divisional HQ. SichBtl 108 did serve with 10th Panzer.

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon is correct. Its the qualification badge for a company First Sergeant. The golden badge was give to soldiers holding that position for at least 10 years (silver for 5 years and bronze for 6 months).

Edited by JensF.

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

I have been away from collecting now for nearly a year and what I did have in my collection I had to sell unfortunatly. However, I am back on my feet again and have just made a couple of purchases I would like you opinions on. I dont have the items as yet as they are still in transit but I would like to know are the various badges attached to the jacket applicable. Could somebody tell me what the qualification badge is above the pocket and what unit the brustenhanger belongs too...(I think that is what they are called). In respect to the cap, would this be appropriate to display with the tunic. Thanks for your time.

Phil

Phil,

at the time the qualification Badges were introduced the beret was the standard headgear. Although current dress regulation allow the visor cap for officers and NCO, the LHD (uniform store for German Armed Forces and Federal Police) do not offer a visor cap for Army NCOs (they exist though for Navy and Air Forces NCOs). However, in order to comply with regulations, the NCO cap would not have the piping which comes from the early years.