News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting Replica of Rising Sun Order

JapanX

Hello Nick,

I have seen a similar replica-reproduction of the French victory medal, complete with 'R' marking centrally placed on the lower reverse, covering the normally seen Paris mint cornucopia and BR marking. It too had the clear plastic pres-fit cover and vacuuformed felt backing. This is at least suggestive of a similar maker.

I don't have any details on the originator of the piece either but noted the example on ebay France.

Regards,

Rob

Edited by RobW

Hello Nick,

Unfortunately I didn't remember to download the pics. I recall it was sometime in 2009. Strangely enough I haven't seen another one since that time so I am not too sure of their scarcity.

Regards,

Rob

Strangely enough I haven't seen another one since that time so I am not too sure of their scarcity.

Never saw before this "R" replica of rising sun order ;)

Regards,

Nick

Edited by JapanX

A complete line of such 'collector replica copies' exists and includes insignia of a wide variety of awards [at least 20] from Portugese Christ to Austrian Iron Crown, from Italian Crown to French Legion of Honor, from Romanian Star to German Order of Merit. For 'modern' awards, the ribbon accompanying these is very close to original in quality. Comparable to the German Gode replicas but finished on both sides and somewhat better quality. Sometimes in the plastic cases described and sometimes without. Do not know origin or manufacturer.

In my experience, they first appeared at Beograd airport shops a few years ago, after the crude White Eagle and Karageorge keychain replicas were on offer there. The "R" mark indicates they are replicas, allowing for seller disclaimers! Not sure where they are made but they appear on French and Italian eBay more frequently than on U.S. or U.K. eBay. Not sure of the exact number of awards that this type replica 'represents', but the variety is growing.

Nick, Wrote too soon, now don't have to go to airport---- on U.S. eBay Item number: 130755864393. Other listings by same Peruvian vendor offer most of the similar 'award replicas' seen elsewhere.

Edited by 922F

Nick, Wrote too soon, now don't have to go to airport---- on U.S. eBay Item number: 130755864393. Other listings by same Peruvian vendor offer most of the similar 'award replicas' seen elsewhere.

Yep, it`s our repbeauty ;)

Thanks!

In my experience, they first appeared at Beograd airport shops a few years ago,

That just seems so random!!

Let`s hope that Gods of phaleristik will forgive this blasphemer manufacturer!

They will be condemned to the 7th level of Hades! ;)