News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Russia ribbon bars

paja

Greetings Gentlemen,

I have just acquired these two Imperial Russia ribbon bars and I would be very grateful if you could share your opinions about them.

If I'm not mistaking ribbons are for:

- Order of St. Anne 2nd Class

- Order of St. Stanislaus 2nd Class

- Order of St. George 4th Class

- Order of St. Vladimir 4th Class

- Order of St. Anne 3rd Class

- Order of St. Stanislaus 3rd Class

There is a supporting metal piece inside both of them and I have checked them under UV light, they do not glow. I am satisfied with their overall

condition although signs of wear are pretty obvious. Considering that ribbon bars were never officially introduced in Imperial Russia and that I

haven't seen many of them before, I was wondering could these two have belonged to the same person? I think that they did but what confuses

me is the question why aren't all ribbons on a single bar (for example in two rows)? And even more important, if these two bars belonged to

the same person wouldn't it be logical to put St. George 4th Class in front of both St. Anne and St. Stanislaus 2nd Class beacause it's higher

in the order of precedence? Could it be that the primary criterion was dimension of the ribbons and then place of a particular decoration in the

order of precedence?

Regards,

Radmilo

Edited by paja