News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Floch advice

• 12 years later...

About 8 months ago, I bought a Floch EK1 (99% sure it is a Floch) from an online auction house, East Bristol Auction (UK).  I might add that the auction house didn't claim it was an original piece so I thought it might be a Floch when I bought it.  (I kind of wanted a Floch for future reference and I only paid $60 so I'm not complaining.)

I do have a couple of questions about Floch EK1's::

1) When (what era) were Floch's made?  I'm willing to bet that the piece I have is at the very least 40 to 50 years old maybe a lot older. 

2) Somebody once told me that Floch's (or at least some of them) were private purchase pieces that were made in the 1950's and 60's.  He said they were sold to soldiers and tourists who wanted cheap war souvenirs.  Is there any truth to this?

3) Many militaria dealers are now selling reproductions (as reproductions) and their businesses seem to be thriving. I've seen some who sell cheap, one-piece iron cross reproductions for around $20.  Others sell nicer 3-piece iron crosses for $40 - $50 and there are a few who sell very convincing reproductions for prices that range from $80 to $120.  That being said, what would an "advertised Floch EK1" that is in good condition be worth?   (By "advertised", I mean a Floch EK1 that is being sold as a reproduction.)

Edited by camelneck