News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Golden Kite, 7th Class

Dieter3

Got this one from a regular eBay seller week before last. There were a few nice looking 7th class awards that had better gold plating than this one, but I really wanted the mint marked piece. Rosette happened to be hallmarked as well. Other than the somewhat faded gold plating, it's not bad. I hate photographing these though, they are too dang reflective!

Edited by Nick

Nice!

Like these marked with M kites ;)

And very interesting marked rosette!

Of course rosettes, boxes and ribbons weren't manufactured by Mint...

Interesting thing - in case of red cross medals I often observe that medal mark and rosette mark are coincide ;)

The Red Cross rosettes and medals I believe should coincide with their marks, with some exceptions being certain later medals that have unmarked rosettes, and orders since they are unmarked. Or so my observations lead me to believe! Observation also leads me to believe that "SU" marked rosettes are from the very late 20's to early 30's. I wonder though who made these?