News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Navy Proficiency Badges: How were they worn?

kaigunair

I've seen lots of pics of metal bars, army more than navy, but was wondering if there were pictures of naval service men and officers showing how they wore their proficiency badges?

Did they only wear them at graduation or in studio pics? If a person had several proficiency badges, were there regulations stating which ones to wear?

Even for army soldiers, I think I've only seen the commader badge in officer's photos. Don't recall seeing too many pics of army soldiers wearing their proficiency badges.

Or perhaps I just haven't noticed? But also I can't seem to find any on the web.....

• Replies 88
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they only wear them at graduation or in studio pics?

Studio pics mostly ...

If a person had several proficiency badges, were there regulations stating which ones to wear?

All of them.

Even when he was awarded with same proficiency badges twice (in different grades) as far as I know he wore them both.

At least I saw such photo ;)

Even for army soldiers, I think I've only seen the commader badge in officer's photos. Don't recall seeing too many pics of army soldiers wearing their proficiency badges.

Pics with sharpshooting badges are the most common.

I'll post some photos of naval service men and officers with their proficiency badges for you in a couple of days.

Cheers,

Nick

Great pics Nick, thanks again. You're a treasure trove of info! Looks like Army wore them on the left, Navy on the right. Its funny but I've never seen any Navy proficiency badges in pics other than the pilot's 2nd class and submariner qualification. No engine or lookout or damage or torpedo or mine laying, etc. I think I may have seen a 2nd class torpedo class pic somewhere.

Have you seen pics of the 1st class navy proficency badges in photos?

• 1 month later...