News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Army Captain Kurata Mamoru and His Posthumous Golden Kite Document

JapanX

Bought recently these two interesting award documents.

Both connected with Army Captain Kurata Mamoru.

One is document issued by Decorations Bureau and dated Showa 17 [1942] January 2.

This one shows he was awarded the Order of the Golden Kite 5th Class and the Order of the Rising Sun 5th Class.

Another one was issued bt Army Ministry and dated Showa 17 [1942] October 2.

This shows that Kurata's father was given a cash award of 4,000 yen upon the death of his son.

Hopefully it will be interesting to examine these doc`s especially in connection with our old thread ;)

http://gmic.co.uk/in...es/page__st__20

Perhaps some other forum members have seen later date official certificates. I do have a temporary appointment document in the fifth class of the Golden Kite awarded 30th December 1941, but it is the common A4 sized document, which does not mention the number of award.

Edited by JapanX

Hi Nick,

my temporary document for the Golden Kite 5th class (mentioned in the earlier thread you quoted) is exactly the same as yours, only the concurrently awarded Rising Sun is a 6th class as the recipient was a lieutenant of the army, and of course the different date. The backside has the same stamp, with number 136. I don't have the cash award document but I am sure that my document was also awarded posthumously.

Pieter

Hi Nick,

my temporary document for the Golden Kite 5th class (mentioned in the earlier thread you quoted) is exactly the same as yours, only the concurrently awarded Rising Sun is a 6th class as the recipient was a lieutenant of the army, and of course the different date. The backside has the same stamp, with number 136. I don't have the cash award document but I am sure that my document was also awarded posthumously.

Pieter

Great! :beer:

Now everybody know how these famous "later unnumbered documents in A-4 format" look like ;)

Regards,

Nick