News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbia - THE CHARITY CROSS

Hello Igor

I need photo of Your medal from the side like I send You the one that is rare.

Please if it is possible that will be the great information .

KIND REGARDS

Hello Jovan ,

You must go to QUOTE button ,

whrote your text and down - ATTACH FILES option ( I'm not sure about this option for Basic Members , sorry )

I try to make photos

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Greetings gentlemen,

I just wanted to conclude that in the post #3 we can see pictures of all 4 (5) types of the Charity Cross.

-- 1. type has a year 1912 inscribed with large numbers on the front side with the Cyrillic text "ZA NEGU RANJENIKA I BOLESNIKA"

(for taking care of the wounded and the sick) around it.

-- 2. type is the same as the previous except the year is changed to 1913, and the eagle on the back side is silver. Only on this type color

of the eagle is silver, on the rest of the medals it is always golden.

-- 3. type has the inscription "ZA NEGU" in the central part of the medal and the the rest of the slogan "RANJENIKA I BOLESNIKA"

and the year 1912 around it. This type has 2 variants. First - medal is minted from a single piece of metal, and the second variant

where the central part is made separately and then applied to the cross.

-- 4. type is different by size. First three types are 40x40mm while dimensions of the central part are 15x15mm,

fourth type is 38x38mm and 18x18mm.

Regards,

Radmilo

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings gentlemen,

I just wanted to conclude that in the post #3 we can see pictures of all 4 (5) types of the Charity Cross.

-- 1. type has a year 1912 inscribed with large numbers on the front side with the Cyrillic text "ZA NEGU RANJENIKA I BOLESNIKA"

(for taking care of the wounded and the sick) around it.

-- 2. type is the same as the previous except the year is changed to 1913, and the eagle on the back side is silver. Only on this type color

of the eagle is silver, on the rest of the medals it is always golden.

-- 3. type has the inscription "ZA NEGU" in the central part of the medal and the the rest of the slogan "RANJENIKA I BOLESNIKA"

and the year 1912 around it. This type has 2 variants. First - medal is minted from a single piece of metal, and the second variant

where the central part is made separately and then applied to the cross.

-- 4. type is different by size. First three types are 40x40mm while dimensions of the central part are 15x15mm,

fourth type is 38x38mm and 18x18mm.

Regards,

Radmilo

Hi Radmilo,

Would you have any idea which Cross of Mercy might have been issued to nurses who served in Serbia in 1915? I have a letter from the British Red Cross to my grandmother announcing the award on behalf of the Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes in 1920 but the medal has been lost.

regards,

Rickus

Hi Radmilo,

Would you have any idea which Cross of Mercy might have been issued to nurses who served in Serbia in 1915? I have a letter from the British Red Cross to my grandmother announcing the award on behalf of the Kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenes in 1920 but the medal has been lost.

regards,

Rickus

Greetings Rickus and welcome to the GMIC.

I've tried to find out which type of the cross was issued at what period and had no luck. Serbian magazine Dinar #23 from 2004 on page 84 contains a great text about the Charity Cross. It can be read there that the first two types were also awarded during WW1... Around 7000 of these medals were awarded and my guess would be that your grandmother received the first variant of the third type considering that that type is the most common one. I'm sorry that I was not able to give you more precise answer...

Best regards,

Radmilo

Greetings Rickus and welcome to the GMIC.

I've tried to find out which type of the cross was issued at what period and had no luck. Serbian magazine Dinar #23 from 2004 on page 84 contains a great text about the Charity Cross. It can be read there that the first two types were also awarded during WW1... Around 7000 of these medals were awarded and my guess would be that your grandmother received the first variant of the third type considering that that type is the most common one. I'm sorry that I was not able to give you more precise answer...

Best regards,

Radmilo

THANK YOU VERY MUCH RADMILO!

• 3 years later...

Amazing piece, thanks for photos! I have never seen anything like that before.
    Two details caught my attention, pin is put on the front side of the medal and one of the central medallions is rotated.
    Regardless of that a great find, my congrats!