News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Old (and new) deep sea diver toys.

Hello all, as well as the medals etc. I also have a passion for old fashioned hard hat diving and wrote a relatively light hearted book on the subject that was published last year. I also collect toy divers and action figures so long as they are ye olde helmet divers type, not Scuba, although atmospheric pressure suits are allowed! I am hoping to finish this year a collectors photobook of toy divers so if anyone has any knocking about, please let me know.

Thanks!

I'll have to resize some pictures of various bits, but here's the (Russian) helmet I dived almost 2 years ago.

Here's a link to a thread of my stuff on a Red Army forum. http://www.redarmylivinghistory.com/soviet-navy-deep-sea-diving-equipment-t1814.html

Edited by Belaruski

I beleive this type of equipment had close connections to the military, or rather the navy, in many nations in the past and would be welcomed in other sections as well as this one.

I have always thought that the old diving helmets were well worth having in a collection and on this particular subject even my wife would agree.

Thank you for showing this to the membership and I highly recommend that anyone reading this post should also check out the link you have provided.

Regards

Brian

Thanks for the comment Brian! Just be warned if thinking of getting one, genuine diving helmets are scarce and very expensive! Most of what you will be fake. If you're interested in diving helmets you really ought to buy my book! (shameless plug) from: http://www.amazon.com/Dressed-For-Deep-Stewart-Parker/dp/1471077640/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348562085&sr=8-1&keywords=dressed+for+the+deep

You're right about tha naval connection too, I used to collect Navy diving badges from over the world but realised I was collecting too many 'spheres of interest'!

• 2 years later...