News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Medals of Ottoman Society for Relief to the Wounded Military 1876 - Iane-i Mecruhun-i Askeriyye Osmanlı Cemiyeti Madalyaları 1876

demir

Source:

KIZILAY Onur Sembolleri (Madalyalar,Madalyonlar,Bröveler,Rozetler)

“Red Crescent Honorary Symbols (Medals, Medallions, Documents,Pins)”

KIZILAY

Edited by: Celil Ender, Istanbul 2001

Pages: 25-32

Section II

Iane-i Mecruhun-i Askeriyye Osmanli; Cemiyeti Madalyalari; 1876

The Medals of Ottoman Society for Relief to the Wounded Military 1876

ISA AKBAS - Istanbul collection

GOLD – 60 mm- 44 gr.

The medal is given to Central Committee member Servicen Efendi

Obverse: In the middle the tughra od Abdulhamid II with pseudonym ‘El Gazi’ (victorious), on the left of teh tughra: the signature of the calligrapher Abdulfettah Efendi (Efendi: Mr.) who inscribed the sultan´s tughra, right: The year 1295 (1878) On the red band: with the old Otoman Arabic script: Member of the Society / Servicen Efendi Bottom: in Latin alphabet Servicen Efendi / Membre du Comite Central top: Two crosssed Red Crescent Flags

Reverse: In the middle with Sulus style calligraphy Mecruhun-i Askeriye iane Cemiyet-i Osmaniyye -1295, within the band: Societe Ottomane De Secours Aux Blesses Militaires in French (Ottoman Society for Relief to the Wounded Military “Personel”

Demir

Same medal belonging to: Dr. Dickson with regulation ribbon and gold crescent)

Same medal belonging to: Feridoun bey (Mr. Feridun) with regulation ribbon and gold crescent- facing left)