News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Original Great East Asia War Medal

JapanX

"was going through my miscellaneous Japanese collection and ran across this beautiful ..." (copyright©Richard LaTondre)

... original Great East Asia War Medal.

Hopefully Brian gonna like this one :)

...who knows perhaps some day one of the members will actually find an original....

• Replies 130
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What specifically gives this away as an original? I don't know that I'd trust one to be so unless a Japanese expert was specifically able to identify one as such. You're right about the ribbon!

I don't know that I'd trust one to be so unless a Japanese expert was specifically able to identify one as such.

Your fellow Russian expert identify this one as such :lol:

You're right about the ribbon!

Of course I am ;)

What specifically gives this away as an original?

Simply compare your post war replicas with this piece... and pretty soon you'll be an expert :whistle:

Hmmmm. There is so much variation in all of these replicas. Help me out here! What specific parts am I looking at that I need to compare? What is distinctly different? I have no doubt they are there, but what to look for? Any differences aren't jumping out at me.

I don't know that I'd trust one to be so unless a Japanese expert was specifically able to identify one as such.

Until the arrival of specifically able Japanese expert ... :lol:

These two medals are originals too (although the photos are terrible)

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/19304-great-asian-war-medal/page__hl__+great%20+east%20+asia%20+medal#entry185985

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/48556-great-east-asia-war-medal/page__hl__%2Bgreat+%2Beast+%2Basia+%2Bmedal

Let's hope their owners didn't throw them away after discussion :lol:

What exactly Mr. Smile didn't like?

It would appear that the "suspension" - or whatever we want to call the part that is attached to the medallion - has a distinctly different shape than the replicas - appears to be a bit longer and more curvy. No? Mr. Smile likes it! Unless he's wrong. ;)

P.S. Talking about eyesight - the eyes and mouth of Mr. Smile are uneven :lol:

That's my professional artistic ability manifesting thanks to the extremely advanced graphic design software I am using. :lol:

It would appear that the "suspension" - or whatever we want to call the part that is attached to the medallion ...

You get that right ;)

That's my professional artistic ability manifesting thanks to the extremely advanced graphic design software I am using. :lol:

Groovy! :lol: