News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2 pre-45 Romanian ribbon bars

Hi all,

Picked up these 2 ribbon bars recently. Although I'm not familiar with Romanian ribbon bars they look good to me. Any thoughts on these?

Also, the first one with the single row looks to be the little brother of the medal bar in this topic (see post #84): http://gmic.co.uk/in... museum__st__80

Could these belong together?

Regards,

Peter

• 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Hi Peter,

I hope that my post doesn't come to late.

the ribbon bars dont belong to the same person or is a low chance that to happent.

the first ribbon bar, belonged to a military person, an officer.

is a war ribbon bar which contains the following:

1. order of the star of romania on military virtue ribbon, officer degree, 1877-1932 modell;

2. order of the crown of romania on military virtue ribbon, officer degree, 1881-1932 modell;

3. russian order of st. anne, war type, 5th or 4th class;

4. romanian commemorative medal for the balkan wars 1913-1914 "trecerea dunarii";

5. wwI commemorative cross 1916-1918/'19;

6. 40 years carol I jubilee medal;

7. 25 years in military service.

obvious a miltary personell ribbon bar.

second one belonged to a civil person, containing the following orders and medals:

1. order of the star of romania, knight degree, on original order ribbon, 1877-1932 modell;

2. order of the star of romania, officer degree, on original order ribbon, 1881-1932 modell;

3. unknown order, officer degree;

4. medical merit order, peace time ribbon; 1913-1947 modell, most likely awarded between wars;

5. wwI victory medal;

6. commemorative medal of Carol I, 100 years from it's birth;

7. romanian commemorative medal for the balkan wars 1913-1914 "trecerea dunarii";

8. wwI commemorative cross 1916-1918/'19;

9. medal for comercial and industrial merit, 1912-1947.

a civil ribbon bar.

both are looking good and original.

best regards,

Alex.B.

• 1 month later...

Hallo Gents, :beer:

To be more acurate in my opinion, the large bar, is both military and civil, to an old soldier, who started his career by going on the 1913 Balkan Campaign, its very possible the person was a military doctor and at number 3 possibly from Italy, the Order of the Crown.

The reason he is military is the inclusion of the ribbon Romanian Inter-Allied Victory medal,

this was only given to military men who took active part in WW1 in combat,

the decree allows its award to medical staff who saw service in the front lines.

The Romanian Commemorative Cross of War would back this up as well.

One thing I have noticed in Romanian ribbon bars and medal bars from studying period pictures and medal bars in the Romanian Military Museum, scant regard was paid, back then to the regulations with regards placement and the wearing of all ones awards, I have pictures where the same man sports his medals singular or in a group, even high ranking officers were laxadaisical in this regard.

Kevin in Deva.

Edited by Kev in Deva

• 5 years later...

On the second bar, at #3 - if romanian - is a Reward for Teaching Medal - but I've never seen it with an officer rosette.

There might be an austrian medal with the same red with white stripe ribbon.

Edited - medal offered mostly during Carol I reign. There are Cultural medals offered for officers (with rosette) during Carol II (that I've seen)

Edited by razvanp